You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carradona

personally i think it's pretty difficult for uefa to rig it at this stage. in the group stages and 1st qualifying where they have bowls all over the place and you've no idea what's in each, i reckon anything can happed. but this should be a straight 8 balls in the same bowl shouldn't it? it makes it far more sifficult to be specific (as catch has decribed). Also, with the spotlight on Platini over and anti english agenda, I think he'll want to ensure the draw is whiter than white.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we do not want the Mancs nor the Chavs if at all possible.

Firstly, becuase alongside us & Barca they are the best teams left in it.

Also every time English clubs have met in the EC, if a team definetely "lost" the League games they won the EC

In '78/9 we beat Forest 2-0 at home & drew 0-0 away in the League but did the opposite in Europe.

In ''03/04 Arse beat the Chavs 2-1 at home,2-1 away & 2-1 in the FACup but lose 3-2 on agg in the CL QF.

In '04/05 we lost 0-1 to the Chavs away,0-1 at home & in the League Cup final but won 1-0 on agg in the CL SF

In '06/07 we lost 0-1 to the Chavs away, won 2-0 at home & then won on pens in the CL SF

In '07/08 we drew both league games with the Chavs (1-1 at home, 0-0 away). The League Cup was our reserve side & then we went out in the CL SF.

It's very hard for to keep winning against another vg side in the same season as they get more & more hellbent on revenge.

personally i think it's pretty difficult for uefa to rig it at this stage. in the group stages and 1st qualifying where they have bowls all over the place and you've no idea what's in each, i reckon anything can happed. but this should be a straight 8 balls in the same bowl shouldn't it? it makes it far more sifficult to be specific (as catch has decribed). Also, with the spotlight on Platini over and anti english agenda, I think he'll want to ensure the draw is whiter than white.

He won't be arsed, Barry. If he gets 2 english teams together and he get's questioned, he'll just try and blag it like he always does.

And we'll get the Mancs. We've had Chelsea and Arsenal. We've only got the Mancs left to beat. They're shitting themselves.

He won't be arsed, Barry. If he gets 2 english teams together and he get's questioned, he'll just try and blag it like he always does.

And we'll get the Mancs. We've had Chelsea and Arsenal. We've only got the Mancs left to beat. They're shitting themselves.

Half the draw is english sides, so I would be surprised if there wasn't an all english quarter anyway. But catch's mail before was suggesting they'd put us with the mancs and chavs in one half of the draw, arsenal in the other half with barca in the hope of it not being an all english final. I just don't see how they could be that specific. As Paulie said, they could warm the balls or whatever, maybe us 3, but then who's to say the 4th ball in that half of the draw wouldn't be Barca? I've got a feeling it's our turn to avoid english teams in the draw - we've got them just about every possible time (even going back to 2002 if we'd have beaten Leverkusen and the year we were not country protected in the groups), we're due that luck.

In some ways though I think it would be good if the draw could be rigged to stop a final from all one country - I think it's a bit shit when it happens.

Half the draw is english sides, so I would be surprised if there wasn't an all english quarter anyway. But catch's mail before was suggesting they'd put us with the mancs and chavs in one half of the draw, arsenal in the other half with barca in the hope of it not being an all english final. I just don't see how they could be that specific. As Paulie said, they could warm the balls or whatever, maybe us 3, but then who's to say the 4th ball in that half of the draw wouldn't be Barca? I've got a feeling it's our turn to avoid english teams in the draw - we've got them just about every possible time (even going back to 2002 if we'd have beaten Leverkusen and the year we were not country protected in the groups), we're due that luck.

In some ways though I think it would be good if the draw could be rigged to stop a final from all one country - I think it's a bit shit when it happens.

You just need 1 very cold ball (Barca)

5 "normal" balls (the others +Arse)

& 3 hot balls (us,the Mancs & the Chavs)

The 3 hot balls go togetehr with a normal one.

The very cold goes with 3 normal ones.

That means that there is a 1 in 3 whether it is us/Mancs; Mancs/Chavs or us/Chavs

But you are guaranteed that only 1 of us can possibly get thru to final AND we cant knock Barca out.

It carries a 1in5 risk to them that all the English get stuck in 1 side which may be a bit awkward

Unforutanelt if it is totally random the balls dont know history so the fact that we keep on drawing other English, as you say, is irrelevant.

I agree that an intra-country final is very bad for the competition & the rest of Europe which reduces viewing figures & hence money.

Which is why i think they'll fix it, especially with the civil disobediance issue in Rome.

And we do not want the Mancs nor the Chavs if at all possible.

Firstly, becuase alongside us & Barca they are the best teams left in it.

Also every time English clubs have met in the EC, if a team definetely "lost" the League games they won the EC

In '78/9 we beat Forest 2-0 at home & drew 0-0 away in the League but did the opposite in Europe.

In ''03/04 Arse beat the Chavs 2-1 at home,2-1 away & 2-1 in the FACup but lose 3-2 on agg in the CL QF.

In '04/05 we lost 0-1 to the Chavs away,0-1 at home & in the League Cup final but won 1-0 on agg in the CL SF

In '06/07 we lost 0-1 to the Chavs away, won 2-0 at home & then won on pens in the CL SF

In '07/08 we drew both league games with the Chavs (1-1 at home, 0-0 away). The League Cup was our reserve side & then we went out in the CL SF.

It's very hard for to keep winning against another vg side in the same season as they get more & more hellbent on revenge.

I don't think it's revenge Its the law of averages. If you keep playing teams and losing your eventually going to knock them out sometime. We beat Chelsea in 05 and 07 but last year we deserved to win and they knocked us out. They were due one.

here are my predictions on how they will rig it:

Chelsea v. Manchester United - Chelsea v. Liverpool has been done to death, one of the English have to be drawn together and they wouldnt want to pair us with Man Utd so this will be it

on the same side of the draw it will be :

Arsenal v. Barcelona - this will ensure no Liverpool v. Man utd in the semis

Liverpool v. Bayern Munich - I think this is the most likely as out of the rest Bayern are the most competitive team we can face and they wouldnt want to make it easy for us

Villarreal v. Porto - teams at a similar level it makes sense

Why the fuck is the draw next week anyway? Can't they just fucking get on with it? It could of been done right after the games on Wednesday.

They're waiting for the UEFA Cup last 16 games to be played so they can do both quarter/semi draws at once.

I don't want us to get another english side, or barca either. Fergie's already said that he wants that CL defended too, so if he gets one of the best sides next match, with the big game doubt their players will have for the next couple of big matches at least, things could be interesting.

here are my predictions on how they will rig it:

Chelsea v. Manchester United - Chelsea v. Liverpool has been done to death, one of the English have to be drawn together and they wouldnt want to pair us with Man Utd so this will be it

on the same side of the draw it will be :

Arsenal v. Barcelona - this will ensure no Liverpool v. Man utd in the semis

Liverpool v. Bayern Munich - I think this is the most likely as out of the rest Bayern are the most competitive team we can face and they wouldnt want to make it easy for us

Villarreal v. Porto - teams at a similar level it makes sense

Unless Platini is really Machiavelian & wants to Rome smashed up so he can kick English clubs out the worst possible draw for them is us/Mancs in the final.

If it is in anyother round the British Police who have the experience of doing it every year can take care of it.

We'll get them & they will start with a significant advantage of going 4 revenge as we did in 2005 against the Chavs.

Id rather not get the mancs being honest. dont think my heart could take a 2 leg match against them

Hopefully united will get barca and arsenal vrs chelsea. We can take one of the others. Might sound a bit negative but would rather that then get chelsea united and barca which lets be honest would be hard fuckin work

It's like every boring little boy grew up to find a role for himself at these events, headed of course by Sepp Tic Blatter. The way they drag out a five minute process as if it's a Light Entertainment Christmas special is one of the most painful sights on the planet.

Spot On GKM

The only one that I remember is when the French lady presenter fainted & the ever-gallant Mr Gerrard stepped back to ensure she had the room to fall.

The upshot was messrs Gerrard / Parry / Stevie's mate pissing themselves laughing and walloping the buffet , when it was shown on that Stevie documentary.

I think we’ll have to play the Mancs at some point and if that’s the case, getting knocked out by them in the quarter finals won’t be as bad as the semi’s or the final.

That said over two legs I’d fancy us to beat anyone and if we were to draw them I think we’d knock them out.

here's my prediction, it will be a draw, made randomly and we could get absolutely any of the remaining sides.

fuck all this conspiracy shite, hot balls, warm balls, ambient balls, cool balls, cold balls, balls dipped in liquid nitrogen and molten lava.

its just a draw, there is a good chance we'll get an english side as there are more of them in there, but its just a fucking draw.

here's my prediction, it will be a draw, made randomly and we could get absolutely any of the remaining sides.

fuck all this conspiracy shite, hot balls, warm balls, ambient balls, cool balls, cold balls, balls dipped in liquid nitrogen and molten lava.

its just a draw, there is a good chance we'll get an english side as there are more of them in there, but its just a fucking draw.

Or Platini could just make it bang on and have two tennis balls in the pot for Liverpool and United.

I find all this draw rigging conspiracy amusing. When it gets down to this stage surely there is less chance of trying to fix the draw.

As I think Barry Wom said earlier, there is more scope to "fix" things even more than they already are with all those pots with country protection and all that other can't play on the same night shit in the group stage draw.

IIRC, this QF draw is simply 8 balls in a pot. Depending on what games are drawn out then determines which dates they are played on, ie, only 2 english teams on same night etc. These QF's are then numbered 1-4 and 4 balls are drawn out to determine what the SF's are. Winner of SF number 1 is then designated as the home team for the final.

The above proceedures make it damn near impossible to "load" one half of the draw with whatever teams UEFA would wish. Maybe a way to allay any of this "heated ball theory" would be to use an automated machine like the Lotto?

When you are dealing with such small numbers left ther are only so many permutations and I dont want to get into any statistical/probability shit, but what I will say is that although it looks dodgy/unlikely we are as likely to get Chelsea again as Man U!

I find all this draw rigging conspiracy amusing. When it gets down to this stage surely there is less chance of trying to fix the draw.

As I think Barry Wom said earlier, there is more scope to "fix" things even more than they already are with all those pots with country protection and all that other can't play on the same night shit in the group stage draw.

IIRC, this QF draw is simply 8 balls in a pot. Depending on what games are drawn out then determines which dates they are played on, ie, only 2 english teams on same night etc. These QF's are then numbered 1-4 and 4 balls are drawn out to determine what the SF's are. Winner of SF number 1 is then designated as the home team for the final.

The above proceedures make it damn near impossible to "load" one half of the draw with whatever teams UEFA would wish. Maybe a way to allay any of this "heated ball theory" would be to use an automated machine like the Lotto?

When you are dealing with such small numbers left ther are only so many permutations and I dont want to get into any statistical/probability shit, but what I will say is that although it looks dodgy/unlikely we are as likely to get Chelsea again as Man U!

But that means it is just as likely for the English teams to be kept apart as it is for the 4 english teams to be drawn together. That's not as exciting, so I'm dismissing your point altogether. Pah!

Don't give a fuck if its rigged or not. We're good enough to beat any of the teams on our day and they'll all not wanting to draw us. So he can rigg it all he wants, we'll still beat whoever we're given and get number 6. Fuck Platini the cunt!!

Talk of it being rigged is bollocks.

I hope united draw chelsea and arsenal draw barca and they are on one side of the draw and then we draw porto/villareal and then get one of them in the semis with both of our second legs at anfield obviously. Barca in the final and it's job done! I think we can take out any european team but the english teams are too much of a gamble.

If that happens i will have a good weekend.