You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where we off on holidays this year ?

The Celtic Way

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lurtzy, that looks like where i'm going in Sept (chateau holidays france, chateau in france for rent, chateau break in france). Is it near your place?

Before that I'll be in Berlin on the 3rd August. Achtung baby!

Indeed.

I've been negged by Melons because I'm going there. Jealousy is a terrible thing, but not as terrible as revenge negging nor as satisfying.

Indeed.

I've been negged by Melons because I'm going there. Jealousy is a terrible thing, but not as terrible as revenge negging nor as satisfying.

Its True RL, Melons is just jealous that this type of holiday is what she will miss out on unless she simply emails me a picture of her fanny. Not a difficult thing to ask. It's that or a lifetime of camping in Rhyl. Think of the kids Sherry.

See you there Mike, shall I order some cocktails?

• 3 weeks later...

hope nobody worries that i've been hit by a car, or eaten by a raccoon because you haven't heard from me in a couple of weeks.

i'm off to my all expenses paid annual vacation in northern ontario tomorrow with our good friends who own a portfolio of properties on lake huron and the surrounding area.

firstly they have the 40 acre private island with a beautifully restored stone chalet, which i helped design (what a nightmare project). the water is crystal clear and the sunsets over the great lakes is incredible.

chevaliercottage3.jpg

the big island in the foreground is theirs, and i tried (unsuccessfully) to buy the smaller one that looks like two tits right above it. i had big plans for that island, but oh well, i'll just use theirs instead.

gooseberry3.jpg

PA070005.jpg

they also owns a really cool traditional fishing lodge on a nearby lake, complete with a dozen cabins and a rustic old main lodge. i have never seen a cleaner body of water to swim, fish, jet ski, water ski, whatever.....amazing place. last year they hired a professional wake board instructor to give private lessons to guests (they got married at the lodge last summer). this lodge has a history of being a 'secret' retreat for many US politicians and captains of industry over the last 50 years or so.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

for about 12 days it will be fine wine and dining, peaceful sleep, and unlimited play.....can't beat it.

see you all again soon !