You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

who should win it?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. who should win it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Messi (great player & the Olympics title which the judges may rate higher than we do) & Casillas (probably best player on the main international tournament winner which it went to in '02 & '06) have a chance too....

Unfortunately bias aside, I'd probably go 4 LadyBoy

Torres should get it.

If it's based solely on footballing achievment and sheer talent then Ronaldo but I think we should also take into account how the person handles themself over the course of a season. The Ballon D'or goes to the best footballer over the course of a year and I think that the term "footballer" is made up of many attributes including class and a sense of humility (both of which are completely lacking in Ronaldos character). So I'd give it to Nando not only because he's an amazingly talented footballer but also because he is the kind of person that all footballers in this modern day should aspire to be.

erm, does that make a difference to the judges?

erm, let me just ring up and ask them shall I.

You asked what it had to do with anything, and its got to do with him being a role model for millions of kids wanting to be footballer.

why? because he scored the most goals? why has henry never won it then?

Putting everything else to one side I think the football he played last season was out of this world and to score that many goals, when you're not an out and out striker, takes something special.

As for Henry, I don't know as his talents certainly deserve recognition at the highest level in my opinion.

If it's not about goal scoring why have you included Torres?

erm, let me just ring up and ask them shall I.

You asked what it had to do with anything, and its got to do with him being a role model for millions of kids wanting to be footballer.

Sorry but why on earth is it anyone's responsibility to be a role model to other people's kids?

A footballer's job is to help his team win to the best of his ability. He is paid by his club to do so.

If he commits a criminal act he should be dealt with by the law like anybody else.

Otherwise he should be free to live his life as you or I are.

I think Ronaldo is a tosser but he has no responsibility to me & I'm sure he couldn't give a shit what i think.

Putting everything else to one side I think the football he played last season was out of this world and to score that many goals, when you're not an out and out striker, takes something special.

As for Henry, I don't know as his talents certainly deserve recognition at the highest level in my opinion.

If it's not about goal scoring why have you included Torres?

I included torres because what he did he did in his debut season and every competition he entered, domestic, europe and international he performed he also scored the key goal in an international final.