You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

who should win it?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. who should win it?

I hate to say it too, but Ronaldo. First there's the goals he scored, but then there's his assists for the scum and the skill he showed to make some of those assists, plus the way he's also been great for man utd in attacks where he didn't get the assists, in the build up, etc.

I really don't like the way he plays because he goes down too easy, but even though he goes down so fucking often he still manages to do so much. Fuck knows what that guy would come up with if he stayed on his feet and battled for every ball like Shearer in his prime, it'd probably be frightening.

So I'd give him the ballon d'or, then give him 5 hours footage of shearer in his prime and tell him that's what he's capable of, but then I'd only be shooting myself in the foot because I love Liverpool and Barca, and he's gonna be playing for one of their rivals either way.

He's like a fucking bane to me that guy. I can't win.

edit : there's also the fact that I've always favoured players that dribble and create to actual full on scorers too, or players that dribble and create aswell as score, so there's always going to be a hint of bias with me on that too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon it will be :

1st place : Ronaldo

2nd Place : Torres

3rd Place : Messi

But i fuckin hope it isn't.

Also reckon Kaka will get a lot of votes as all the religious Southern European types spunk all over him yet again.

Gotta say Casillas has been awesome though. Genuinely deserves 3rd Place IMO.

Even if international football is heavily weighted,Casillas deserves it more than Torres I'm afraid... I think he contributed more to Spain's win & also RM won La Liga with a defense seemingly coached at Newc whilst we were only 4th.

If it is about club football, the Mancs won the CL which is the top trophy. So Ronaldo will unfortuantely get it.

Moreover Casillas/Torres will probably split votes, which helps the LadyBoy. Perhaps we should tactically campaign for Scholes & hope that splits the dirty Mancs' votes!

Kaka and Ronaldinho think Messi should win it.

Kaka And 'Dinho: Messi For Ballon D'Or

The Argentine wizard is expected to be entangled in a feisty face off with the Portuguese ace as both players are desperate to get their hands on the Golden Ball.

Kaka won the award last term as he scooped up the World Player of the Year tag in the process.

Messi and Ronaldo are the clear favourites this time but Kaka and Ronaldinho believe the Barcelona man will edge Ronaldo.

"Messi deserves the Ballon d'Or," Kaka told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"He is an authentic world-class player. Cristiano Ronaldo also deserves to win but I can only see Messi as my successor.

"I admire his ability and the way he controls the football, he is the type of player you always want in your team."

Ronaldinho also had some words on his former team mate but he feels Kaka deserves it too.

"I would give the award to each of my friends. Therefore Kaka and Messi," 'Dinho said.

"My friends should be kept happy, so I suggest a double award. One each for Messi and Kaka."

With the race for the award so close, no-one really knows who will end up taking the prize.

Reports suggest Ronaldo will edge it for his brilliant season last term where he lead his side to the Premier League and Champions League trophies.

Goal.com - AC Milan - Kaka And 'Dinho: Messi For Ballon D'Or

Premier League aside, what did Ronaldo win last season? Last I heard, there was no European Cup last year.

Torres is fucking boss, he deserves every award going. Emmy's, Nobel Prize for Chemistry, Rugby League Man of Steel, the lot.

Im a Cassilas fan and all, but dont forget he made the error for Madrid to be knocked out the champions league. He has had a superb season though for club and country, and I think hes been the best in the world, with Pepe a very close second.

Premier League aside, what did Ronaldo win last season? Last I heard, there was no European Cup last year.

Torres is fucking boss, he deserves every award going. Emmy's, Nobel Prize for Chemistry, Rugby League Man of Steel, the lot.

Dont forget Mr universe,Hes got my vote for sure!