You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oasis fans seem to live in a weird bubble where their songs don't sound like Slade b-sides, I think that tends to be the issue.

That's the one thing that pisses me off more than anything when people moan about Oasis. It's an absolutely piss poor argument.

For some reason Oasis seem to be the only band who were influenced by other artists to some people. Led Zep ripped off Howlin' Wolf, Willie Dixon and Muddy Waters etc... Does that make me enjoy their music less? No, of course not.

Every band in the last 50 years has got their inspiration from others. They don't sound just like Slade, or The Beatles for that matter. It's a nonsense. You could equally say the Stone Roses ripped off a lot from the Smiths.

Here's musical innovators Radiohead ripping off the Beatles for one of their biggest hits. Never seems to be an issue with them, though.

Only the Beatles are better than Oasis in Rapeys post. Mook, you don't like Oasis. We get it.

And there we have the World of an Oasis fan wrapped up in one sentence, Oasis are better than Muddy Waters.

Absolutely stark raving fucking mental.

• Upvote 1

Where did I that other bands didn't rip stuff off?

You've missed my point entirely.

I don't think so. What did you mean then that it's ' an issue ' that people who like Oasis live in a weird bubble where heir songs don't sound like Slade B-Sides? I don't know any serious Oasis fans who would say they weren't influenced by Slade and The Beatles. Noel himself has admitted that.

I don't think so. What did you mean then that it's ' an issue ' that people who like Oasis live in a weird bubble where heir songs don't sound like Slade B-Sides? I don't know any serious Oasis fans who would say they weren't influenced by Slade and The Beatles. Noel himself has admitted that.

I mean that their songs sound like Slade b-sides.

I mean that their songs sound like Slade b-sides.

Except they:

A. Don't all sound like Slade B-Sides. At all. And:

B. Even if they did, which they don't, it's no worse than the first couple of Led Zep albums ripping off Willie Dixon and Howlin' Wolf etc...

Why do you think one is an issue but the other isn't?

Except they:

A. Don't all sound like Slade B-Sides. At all. And:

B. Even if they did, which they don't, it's no worse than the first couple of Led Zep albums ripping off Willie Dixon and Howlin' Wolf etc...

Why do you think one is an issue but the other isn't?

I don't think them ripping off Slade is an issue.

I think them sounding like a poor glam rock outfit and then their fans comparing them to class acts like The Stone Roses, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles is the issue.

I don't think them ripping off Slade is an issue.

I think them sounding like a poor glam rock outfit and then their fans comparing them to class acts like The Stone Roses, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles is the issue.

You need your ears testing then. I don't think anyone would compare them to The Beatles either. Or they'd have near the same following as Led Zep.

The Stone Roses is different. They both made killer debut albums and the only real difference is that The Stone Roses split up and conserved their legacy and mythicism while Oasis churned out some garbage in later years.

I don't think them ripping of Slade is an issue.

I like The Stone Roses but they released a great debut, turned into a Led Zeppelin tribute act for a mediocre second album and then split up. They're behind Oasis in the pantheon of great British bands and don't belong in the conversation with The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

I like The Stone Roses but they released a great debut, turned into a Led Zeppelin tribute act for a mediocre second album and theyhsplit up. They're behind Oasis in the pantheon of great British bands and don't belong in the conversation with The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

I don't think The Stone Roses or Oasis can hold a candle to Led Zeppelin or The Beatles by the way.

This is a Stone Roses thread though, which is why I included them in my post.

Hahaha Beady Eye. Jesus. A couple of ok songs come out the two albums like and I saw them cover Gimme Shelter which was fucking ace. 

Led Zeppelin are obviously a top 10 british band, I just prefer others too them. 

The Beatles

Oasis

The Jam

Pink Floyd

Rolling Stones

The Who

I even prefer The Smiths too them. And probably the Arctic Monkeys. I definitely prefer Kasabian too them as well but it's all personal choice. 

Oasis were fucking brilliant, people spend too much time on the Gallagher's as people and forget that they came out with some absolute fucking classics. Only The Beatles have captured a following like that of Oasis 1994-2002. They dipped hugely towards the end (even though I still think some of it was good) but most bands fade away sooner or later. Noel's first 2 solo albums have both been better than any Oasis album since Be Here Now in my opinion. 

Oh and Fade Away is a fucking boss song. Both versions. 

I am worried that any 'new' Stone Roses material might be fucking garbage. I'll love it regardless (you just do when it's a band you love even if you know it's shit) but something concerns me about them piecing all that brilliance together again. It worked when they started out because they were mates. They have barely spoken in 20 years and Reni fucking off towards the end of a gig when they got back together proves there is still a shit load of bad blood on the turntable. 

• Upvote 1

Hahaha Beady Eye. Jesus. A couple of ok songs come out the two albums like and I saw them cover Gimme Shelter which was fucking ace. 

Led Zeppelin are obviously a top 10 british band, I just prefer others too them. 

The Beatles

Oasis

The Jam

Pink Floyd

Rolling Stones

The Who

I even prefer The Smiths too them. And probably the Arctic Monkeys. I definitely prefer Kasabian too them as well but it's all personal choice. 

Oasis were fucking brilliant, people spend too much time on the Gallagher's as people and forget that they came out with some absolute fucking classics. Only The Beatles have captured a following like that of Oasis 1994-2002. They dipped hugely towards the end (even though I still think some of it was good) but most bands fade away sooner or later. Noel's first 2 solo albums have both been better than any Oasis album since Be Here Now in my opinion. 

Oh and Fade Away is a fucking boss song. Both versions. 

I am worried that any 'new' Stone Roses material might be fucking garbage. I'll love it regardless (you just do when it's a band you love even if you know it's shit) but something concerns me about them piecing all that brilliance together again. It worked when they started out because they were mates. They have barely spoken in 20 years and Reni fucking off towards the end of a gig when they got back together proves there is still a shit load of bad blood on the turntable. 

ea09bb349aef9bce352d424b5f112b82.500x214

• Upvote 1