You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gazza Sectioned!

Chocoholic

I wonder if you are just as big a tit in real life?

Probably.

Apologies.

It was uncaring of me in this time of distress. I'm sure, along with George Best, that he was just a misunderstood genius, a real salt of the earth type and I wish him the very very best at this very sad time.

PS: The current missus might want to take this time to pack her bags and fuck off before he get's back all punchy.

he's always been a loon, if he hadnt of had football he'd of cracked twenty years ago.

Thing is, if he was just Joe average nobody would have given a fuck and he certainly wouldn't have got half the sympathy he's getting at the moment yet because he's a 'celeb' he falls into the troubled genius category and is afforded forgiveness and sympathy he doesn't deserve.

Good job he isn't a woman, Kerry Katona would have some competition for mum of the year.

Thing is, if he was just Joe average nobody would have given a fuck and he certainly wouldn't have got half the sympathy he's getting at the moment yet because he's a 'celeb' he falls into the troubled genius category and is afforded forgiveness and sympathy he doesn't deserve.

Good job he isn't a woman, Kerry Katona would have some competition for mum of the year.

What a load of bollocks. He didn't get any sympathy when he battered his wife, he was rightly vilified for it.

One of my favourite players outside of Liverpool. I heard a story that he wanted to sign for us years ago, but whoever the manager was at the time (souness/evans?) wouldnt sanction it. Shame, because at a club like ours he maybe wouldnt have gone so helplessly off the rails.

I remember during the anfield derby (98/99??) someone was down for treatment near the kop end, might have been kevin campbell. The kop was chanting "get your tits out" to gazza, and he turned round right in front of the kop with a big grin on his face, lifted his top and started "juggling" his man boobs about. Remember him getting a warm round of applause for it, everyone pissing themselves laughing. Thats what we dont have these days in football, no characters. Gazza, for all his faults, was a character and i genuinely believe the stories that he'd give you his last penny. He seems an honest genuine feller, but he clearly isnt mentally well.

Hope he doesnt go down the george best route, because in my eyes the mans a legend. Remember the scotland goal at euro 96, when supporting england used to actually mean something. He was a genius and such a wasted talent. All the best gazza

One of my favourite players outside of Liverpool. I heard a story that he wanted to sign for us years ago, but whoever the manager was at the time (souness/evans?) wouldnt sanction it. Shame, because at a club like ours he maybe wouldnt have gone so helplessly off the rails.

I remember during the anfield derby (98/99??) someone was down for treatment near the kop end, might have been kevin campbell. The kop was chanting "get your tits out" to gazza, and he turned round right in front of the kop with a big grin on his face, lifted his top and started "juggling" his man boobs about. Remember him getting a warm round of applause for it, everyone pissing themselves laughing. Thats what we dont have these days in football, no characters. Gazza, for all his faults, was a character and i genuinely believe the stories that he'd give you his last penny. He seems an honest genuine feller, but he clearly isnt mentally well.

Hope he doesnt go down the george best route, because in my eyes the mans a legend. Remember the scotland goal at euro 96, when supporting england used to actually mean something. He was a genius and such a wasted talent. All the best gazza

I think it was King Kenny that wanted him and he wanted to come but we could'nt come up with the cash and he moved to Spurs. King Kenny asked him to hold on for another season at Newcastle but they wanted the cash and he could'nt resist the lure of the bright lights...

If memory serves, his missus came across as a very astute gold-digging media whore. Maybe he cuffed her, and maybe he didn't. My impression at the time though was that she was by no means at all anyone's victim.

I feel for the thick but likeable and undoubtedly gifted buffoon. He is *at time of going to press* living proof that great talent is hardly ever bestowed upon those equipped to handle it.

Great great player of the game. Loser of a bloke. There but for the grace of god go plenty of us.

Gazza has suffered at the hands of the disease of alcoholism and has been exploited. He's not entirely innocent, but it's very sad. One of the most gifted players to have ever played the game.

Its a bit patronising in my view all these ex pros coming out and saying he's in our thoughts we'll do anything to help why didn't they help the bloke over the last couple of years when he needed help... It's not like many people were not aware that he was close to the edge..

Exactly, mate. The only reason these cunts come out and say these things now is cos it makes them look caring and worried for him. Anyhoo a text I got today:

Gazza has been sectioned under the mental health act and sent to an institution for retards with no chance of escape. Moyes said "we're glad to have him back."

Great great player. Autobiography is hilarious as well.

Lets get it right though , if your best mate was an alky and was totally fucking up his life and career you would have a go at him and have a word. Jimmy FiveBellies or whatever his fucking name is just milked off him and more or less egged him on.

It would still be boss going on the ale with him though !!

• 7 years later...