Quantcast
Divorce - pros & cons? - Page 42 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

Divorce - pros & cons?

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I don't think it's always that simple, as nice as it would be.

Maybe not, but if you love and are loved in return then the foundations from which the relationship is built are strong. The stronger the foundations, the better the chance of weathering the storms that will always come from time to time. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Maybe not, but if you love and are loved in return then the foundations from which the relationship is built are strong. The stronger the foundations, the better the chance of weathering the storms that will always come from time to time. 

True. We just have a massive love/hate thing going on st the moment. We need normality.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Special K said:

True. We just have a massive love/hate thing going on st the moment. We need normality.

I think there’s something about not making big decisions in times of crisis, particularly not under the current circumstances.

Who knows, maybe your marriage won’t work out but I sense you have enough there to fight for and the, hopefully, more settled times that are around the corner will bring a happier and more contented relationship for you and your wife. 

18 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I think there’s something about not making big decisions in times of crisis, particularly not under the current circumstances.

Who knows, maybe your marriage won’t work out but I sense you have enough there to fight for and the, hopefully, more settled times that are around the corner will bring a happier and more contented relationship for you and your wife. 

Thanks mate

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

I love my wife but we've been going through some really rough times over the last year. Part of me would love to get a divorce but I'm honestly not sure if it's the circumstances (live and work together on top of Covid lockdowns) that are causing it or if we just hate each other more than we love each other

The circumstances. Every little thing each of you do is amplified because there's no outlet. Can't go out, limited contact with other people, spending too much time in each others company, uncertainty over money etc. Sheer boredom, having too much time to think about things and not being able to plan anything.

20 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

There's a song for every post, those about Ukrainian weddings included... 

Gogol Bordello are great, love through the roof, underground too.

the movie is Wristcutters: a love story - which is great too. 

on the topic itself we are coming up to 15 years together, we discussed getting married and just can’t be arsed with the wedding bit, it’s not going to change anything between us other than spend a fortune. we love going to weddings though.