You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

My Wife bought me a Western trilogy for Christmas and True Grit is one of them, i'm in two minds in which one to watch, the new one or the original first? Someone who i've never met in my life decide for me please.

Do the new one first; it's better apparently.

As your SS provider I carry weight on this issue and command you to do my bidding. I know where you live, remember. Don't make me give you a warning.

Guest davelfc

As your SS provider I carry weight on this issue and command you to do my bidding. I know where you live, remember. Don't make me give you a warning.

Better than the original? I find that hard to believe. But I will make time to watch it, although I love the original and can't see for the life of me why they would want to remake it. I saw an interview where Bridges said they ignored the original and went from the book.

The same tossers (Coen Brothers) fucked up 'The Ladykillers' so they have form for it.

Guest davelfc
Tossers eh? I'd say greatest filmmakers of their generation might be more appropriate.

I present to you 'The Ladykillers' and I rest my case.

I could add 'oh brother where are thou' if I wanted to be nasty.

But for killing my favourite movie of all time by remaking it so badly and for managing to persuade Ton Hanks to participate they are truly tossers.

I'll reserve judgement on True Grit until I have seen it.

Paul - Dragged up to see this for Valentines night, i wasn't expecting much and i was pretty much right. I like the Pegg and Frost, Shaun of the dead was decent and i really liked Hot fuzz but this was really disappointing. The story was bland and i hated Paul the alien, my wife asked me midway through it was i enjoying it and i told her i can't as i hated Paul, she then told me it was voiced by Seth Rogan which just about topped it off as i can't stand him, i put him up there with Brendan Fraser as atrocious comedy actor dickheads.

In fairness to Pegg and Frost it still got a few laughs from me in parts but overall this was just bland shite, it's with a new director as well which explains why the style of the film is so different to the other two films.

I'll give this Close encounters of the 4.5/10 kind. (it got 4.5 as it did give me a few laughs, Paul is still a cunt though)

Edited by loadsoftrophies
changed it to 4.5 as i just remembered again how much i hate Rogan.

Paul - Dragged up to see this for Valentines night, i wasn't expecting much and i was pretty much right. I like the Pegg and Frost, Shaun of the dead was decent and i really liked Hot fuzz but this was really disappointing. The story was bland and i hated Paul the alien, my wife asked me midway through it was i enjoying it and i told her i can't as i hated Paul, she then told me it was voiced by Seth Rogan which just about topped it off as i can't stand him, i put him up there with Brendan Fraser as atrocious comedy actor dickheads.

In fairness to Pegg and Frost it still got a few laughs from me in parts but overall this was just bland shite, it's with a new director as well which explains why the style of the film is so different to the other two films.

I'll give this Close encounters of the 4/10 kind. (it got 4 as it did give me a few laughs, Paul is still a cunt though)

Whoah there! (That's English for "stop a horse")

Edgar Wright isn't directing it? My anticipation level for this just went down to defcon three.

Just seen this now, fuck i'd better watch the original, i don't want to wake some morning, pull the curtains open only to see a train hurtling towards my house with you dressed up as John Wayne.