You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

1 hour ago, Fowlers God said:

It wasn't my first thought cause she initially asked me. 

My reply "apologies for sitting on the fence the last few days and not communicating exactly how I feel about the Lizard; Racist; Noncey cunts. But I'd rather shove shards of glass down my Piss hole"

didn't go down that well

Glass never does

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Not crediting the writer?  I saw it on Twitter too. 

I post a lot of tweets on here Rico; I believe posters know 99% of my posts don't come from me personally, this is one I saw but couldn't find,  but its a good un and I thought I'd share.

I wouldn't try to take credit for something as literally clever as that. 

Can you imagine queueing for 22 hours and just as you're about to step in, the doors close because they've got to get the coffin ready for burial?

I'd pay alot of money to see that happen. AND IT'S LIVE!

1 minute ago, an tha said:

He'll bury himself this jug eared prick.

I had no time for his Ma, but she would have ignored that - he'll bury himself over time because he won't be able to resist getting embroiled.

Has the bloke been arrested yet?

Love the aide who stands in front of him. Just lacking that wee bit of understanding that standing between people doesn’t block sound.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Can you imagine queueing for 22 hours and just as you're about to step in, the doors close because they've got to get the coffin ready for burial?

I'd pay alot of money to see that happen. AND IT'S LIVE!

Just watch the stream.  

36 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I post a lot of tweets on here Rico; I believe posters know 99% of my posts don't come from me personally, this is one I saw but couldn't find,  but its a good un and I thought I'd share.

He knows that, but it makes him feel good when he thinks he's demeaning strangers on the internet. It's best just to metaphorically ruffle his hair when he's in his daft little troll mood.

50 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You didn’t post a tweet. You typed it out.  

We know.  

34 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Has the bloke been arrested yet?

Love the aide who stands in front of him. Just lacking that wee bit of understanding that standing between people doesn’t block sound.

That reminds me....this is taken from a story of a lad arrested this week.

Disgusting stuff that this is happening.

"They started reading out about Elizabeth II and expressing grief for her death," Hill said. "I certainly wouldn't interrupt that. I've never intruded on an act of mourning. That's not something I would ever do."

But when King Charles was declared to be "our only lawful and rightful Liege Lord," Hill said he called out: "Who elected him?"

"Only people really nearby could have heard. A couple of people told me to shut up. I responded that a Head of State is being imposed without our consent," something he found "hard to stomach."

Hill said he was "gobsmacked" by what happened next, describing how he was pushed back by security guards. "Then police intervened, grabbed hold of me, handcuffed me, and put me in the back of a police van," he said. "It was probably no more than five minutes since I'd called out 'who elected him?'"

Hill said that, once he was in the police van, he repeatedly asked officers what law he was being arrested under. "They didn't seem to be very sure, which is quite worrying. Surely arbitrary arrest is not something we should have in a democratic society."

Hill said he was given conflicting reasons for his arrest, as police were unsure about whether to take him into custody.

"After a lot of the police talking to each other and to their superiors through their radios, the policeman in the van with me told me that I'd be de-arrested and taken home, but that I would be contacted and asked to give an interview at a later date. He said I could still be charged with something. Even at this point they hadn't answered my questions about under what law I'd been arrested under."

Hill said he was told by police officers on the drive home that he had been arrested under the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022, a controversial piece of legislation introduced this year which widens police powers to clamp down on protests.

However, a statement from Thames Valley Police to CNN on Wednesday said Hill had been arrested under Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986, which covers offenses causing "harassment, alarm or distress."

The confusion shows the uncertainty surrounding the right to free expression in the UK, after the 2022 Act "broaden[ed] the range of circumstances in which police may impose conditions on a protest." Under clause 78 of the new Act, it is an offense for protesters to "intentionally or recklessly cause public nuisance" -- including causing "serious annoyance."

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, an tha said:

He'll bury himself this jug eared prick.

I had no time for his Ma, but she would have ignored that - he'll bury himself over time because he won't be able to resist getting embroiled.

I have to wonder how that jerk gets his money that he pays tax on?

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

That reminds me....this is taken from a story of a lad arrested this week.

Disgusting stuff that this is happening.

"They started reading out about Elizabeth II and expressing grief for her death," Hill said. "I certainly wouldn't interrupt that. I've never intruded on an act of mourning. That's not something I would ever do."

But when King Charles was declared to be "our only lawful and rightful Liege Lord," Hill said he called out: "Who elected him?"

"Only people really nearby could have heard. A couple of people told me to shut up. I responded that a Head of State is being imposed without our consent," something he found "hard to stomach."

Hill said he was "gobsmacked" by what happened next, describing how he was pushed back by security guards. "Then police intervened, grabbed hold of me, handcuffed me, and put me in the back of a police van," he said. "It was probably no more than five minutes since I'd called out 'who elected him?'"

Hill said that, once he was in the police van, he repeatedly asked officers what law he was being arrested under. "They didn't seem to be very sure, which is quite worrying. Surely arbitrary arrest is not something we should have in a democratic society."

Hill said he was given conflicting reasons for his arrest, as police were unsure about whether to take him into custody.

"After a lot of the police talking to each other and to their superiors through their radios, the policeman in the van with me told me that I'd be de-arrested and taken home, but that I would be contacted and asked to give an interview at a later date. He said I could still be charged with something. Even at this point they hadn't answered my questions about under what law I'd been arrested under."

Hill said he was told by police officers on the drive home that he had been arrested under the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022, a controversial piece of legislation introduced this year which widens police powers to clamp down on protests.

However, a statement from Thames Valley Police to CNN on Wednesday said Hill had been arrested under Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986, which covers offenses causing "harassment, alarm or distress."

The confusion shows the uncertainty surrounding the right to free expression in the UK, after the 2022 Act "broaden[ed] the range of circumstances in which police may impose conditions on a protest." Under clause 78 of the new Act, it is an offense for protesters to "intentionally or recklessly cause public nuisance" -- including causing "serious annoyance."

Rank and file flatfoots often don't know the law. I'm sure @Anubis has some experience with that.

10 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I love the way the doffers count their 'achievements in very vague terms.

She served the country.

She made us proud.

In what way exactly?

By refusing to pay tax for decades and then ensuring her nonce son didn't face justice?

It's not really accurate to say she "refused" to pay tax, she just was never obliged to, because it's technically Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. It's a throwback to the days when we were an absolute monarchy and tax was being collected on behalf of the monarch.

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

It's not really accurate to say she "refused" to pay tax, she just was never obliged to, because it's technically Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. It's a throwback to the days when we were an absolute monarchy and tax was being collected on behalf of the monarch.

In fairness, there's been 300 years to sort out that particular anomaly. When you take into account the social upheaval in the time she was monarch, the optics of not chipping in are pretty shit.

13 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

In fairness, there's been 300 years to sort out that particular anomaly. When you take into account the social upheaval in the time she was monarch, the optics of not chipping in are pretty shit.

Yes, it's a slightly ridiculous situation, but it only really became an issue relatively recently. There's still nothing in law that says they have to pay, Charles needs to choose to pay income tax.

32 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I'm fairly sure she could have quite happily volunteered seeing as if everyone else was obliged too?

It was more pointed towards the quite vague and sometimes ridiculous achievements which she/ they are getting garnered with.

She served the country?Well she hardly had to get up at 6 in the morning and spend 12 hours cleaning did she?

She held the country together?

She made us all proud?

She was one of the greatest women in history?