You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

cocktails

chrisbonnie

On 12/12/2019 at 13:51, Lee909 said:

Second cocktail of the day. 

Started with a Negroni and currently sipping a Applejack Rabbit. 

IMG_20191212_101155.jpg

Screenshot_20191212_135057_com.twitter.android.jpg

Sitting down to one of these Jackrabbits now. Lovely drink. 

3/4oz Orange Juice

3/4oz Lemon juice

1/2 Maple Syrup

2oz Applejack(Bottled in bond) could substitute for Cognac or pear Brandy

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What exactly is one of these drinks? I've heard of them but have no idea what its made from.

Vodka, gin, tequila, rum & contreau. A little splash of sweet & sour mix and dash of Coca Cola. Then off you go down the rabbit hole of oblivion.

It was Shane McGowan’s weapon of choice, say no more.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Simple syrups made

Xylitol for general use as its better for me. 

For more specific coconut sugar simple syrup and a honey one. The honey syrup should be interesting in the right drink, maybe a smoked old fashioned or something islay based. Its a pine and

fir tree honey. 

20210822_211546.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 22/08/2021 at 21:22, Lee909 said:

Simple syrups made

Xylitol for general use as its better for me. 

For more specific coconut sugar simple syrup and a honey one. The honey syrup should be interesting in the right drink, maybe a smoked old fashioned or something islay based. Its a pine and

fir tree honey. 

20210822_211546.jpg

Who is the dude in the hat next to Ron Swanson?

Out in Florida last summer and I developed an addiction to Rum Runners.

I swear down it looked the easiest cocktail to make when they were making it, yet when I got home and bought a bar load of ingredients, they tasted nothing like them.

They were dear like but goddamnit they were mighty fine

On 11/02/2007 at 04:52, 7dalglish said:

Last time I was in Barcelona there was a bar called Mojitos that happened to do excellent ones. It's over in Port Vell near the marina. I'll be there in just over week doing some quality control, hopefully they're as good as I remember. Great summer drink, really refreshing.

That bar was the first time I'd even heard of mojitos. Years ago me and a mate went to Barcelona. We made the mistake of heading out drinking at an English time, about 6 o'clock or something, so everywhere was still dead quiet. I asked the barmaid there what the name meant and she introduced me to the cocktail.

Next thing I know, I'm waking up standing in my hotel, having got out of bed and started pissing on the floor.