You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benayoun

CWD82

http://www.skysports.com

West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun has been linked with a surprise move to Liverpool.

The 26-year-old was undoubtedly one of the stars of The Hammers' strong campaign last season, but he has been quoted as saying that The Reds are interesting in snapping him up.

Although Benayoun revealed that no formal offer has been made, he admits that a switch to Anfield would be an appealing proposition for any player.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is looking to strengthen his squad ahead of the new season and the Israeli is believed to have caught his eye.

"Liverpool are interested in me," Benayoun told homeland newspaper Haaretz.

"Of course it's very flattering but there still has not been an official approach."

Benayoun is sure to be central to West Ham boss Alan Pardew's plans and would be extremely difficult to prise away from Upton Park.

Liverpool, meanwhile, have confirmed their first three pre-season opponents.

They will play Kaiserslautern in Liechtenstein on July 29, before facing Grasshopper Zurich on August 1 and Mainz four days later.

---------------

Maybe he's another option for right midfield. I think he's a good player but we would get the best out of him as more of a forward. Another name in the mix

Why Benayoun when we can have Aimar for £5M? Seriously...

Aimar's not a right-midfielder? That would be one good reason.

Benayoun is a jolly good footballer. I do hope the fact that he's Israeli isn't clouding your judgement...

He has the thinnest arms I have ever seen. On a different note, that stories been floating around for at least 2 months. I remember hearing it off a mate of mine and thinking it would be a great signing. He has proven he can play in the Prem and was for me West Hams best player last season. Not that thats saying much but he should be at a bigger team and would fit in well with us and solve a lot of problems.

He has the thinnest arms I have ever seen. On a different note, that stories been floating around for at least 2 months. I remember hearing it off a mate of mine and thinking it would be a great signing. He has proven he can play in the Prem and was for me West Hams best player last season. Not that thats saying much but he should be at a bigger team and would fit in well with us and solve a lot of problems.

Aye, a very good player. Caused us shitloads of problems in the Final.

Not a flying winger or anything but he's proven he can play very well from the right hand side in the Prem and showed in Spain he's very good off a striker. Dont think theres anything in this myself but i'd be happy if it came off

Similar to Luis in where he can play but I think Benayoun is a miles better passer whereas Luis is more likely to get a goal.

I don't think Benayoun is either though.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. He's very highly-rated by people in the game though, and Rafa was interested in him even before he signed for West Ham.

I noticed you side-stepped the Israeli question. Interesting.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. He's very highly-rated by people in the game though, and Rafa was interested in him even before he signed for West Ham.

I noticed you side-stepped the Israeli question. Interesting.

What has Israeli got do with anything? I sidestepped it because it was a stupid loaded cuntish thing to say.

What has Israeli got do with anything? I sidestepped it because it was a stupid loaded cuntish thing to say.

Fair enough. It's just from previous comments I recall, I would be surprised if you would be too thrilled about any Israeli joining the club, but if it's not a factor, I apologise for the insinuation.

Fair enough. It's just from previous comments I recall, I would be surprised if you would be too thrilled about any Israeli joining the club, but if it's not a factor, I apologise for the insinuation.

I have a problem with Israeli/American (never too far away) illegal foreign policy. Nothing against Jewish people or Israeli's (25%) of whom are Muslim. I am as mild as you can get when it comes to religions/nationalities etc.

If Benayoun is good enough bring him in, and he is a good player but NOT the right winger I'd want and there are better link player around. He sure has energy though.

Benayoun is an impressive player, but I think we'd be better served bringing in a player who can provide a bit more width. It seems to me with the players we've actually declared an interest in for the right wing (Alves/Pennant), that Rafa sees it that way too.

If we were to go down the route of a right midfielder as opposed to a right winger, then Gera is the way forward.

He had a great final against us and the times I have seen him I have been impressed but he is not in my opinion the player to take us to the next level.

We need a player to give us width for me Alves would be the one but if not then I suppose Pennant but most definetly a player in that mould.

You're his agent, aren't you?! ;)

Hehehe

I just like him as a player; think he would be a good option to rotate on the right with Gerrard. He's skilful, can pass, shoot, and he works really hard. He would be cheap too and thus free funds for the forward positions.

Benayoun is an impressive player, but I think we'd be better served bringing in a player who can provide a bit more width. It seems to me with the players we've actually declared an interest in for the right wing (Alves/Pennant), that Rafa sees it that way too.

If we were to go down the route of a right midfielder as opposed to a right winger, then Gera is the way forward.

i agree with that. I have like Gera for a long while and i am sure i have said he'd be a good addition before. his delivery from wide positions is excellent and almost every time i have seen him play he has caused the oppossition players problems.