You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

i think he'd be brilliant back up but can't see it

Yep, £90k+ a week and 32 years old.. He doesn't fit into the FSG model. If we could get him on loan for this season I think we might go for that, with a view to getting someone younger in in the summer.

Offer him a short term deal and keep the situation fluid (i sound like a cunt) like maybe a 2 year deal or even a one year deal.

He'd probably take a pay cut to come here as well as he never got a proper chance first time round. Also he'd be on a free.

And he's quick and can play on the left or up front.

And he hates Man United.

DO IT.

Give our youngsters a chance insted of buying retirement players

I don't think any of the young strikers we have at the club are ready for the 1st team, if that was the case, I don't think Kenny would hesitate to regularly include them in the 1st squad at least.

Cant see them going in for Coates if hes 12mil when if you factor in Ngog we could probably get the proven Cahill for about the same.

Excellent logic.

We could factor in a couple more players as well as N'Gog and probably get the proven Cahill for free. How about that?

Why waste £12m on Coates when we can get free players elsewhere.