You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sun 5th May 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

29 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The fuck does that even mean?

Are they pretending that that shitshow was payback for some perceived injustice against them?

It means he is a small time prick.

We were excellent for 60+ minutes and should have been winning by more.  Then we decided to shit the bed and let them back into the game.  Defensively we are so so poor these days.  Something seriously wrong back there, so little composure under pressure and players all too often just switch off or have a brain far its backed up by the lack of clean sheets.

Elliott and Gakpo were good and heartening to see Salah give a shit even if he still wasn't a ruthless as he can be.

3 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

We were excellent for 60+ minutes and should have been winning by more.  Then we decided to shit the bed and let them back into the game.  Defensively we are so so poor these days.  Something seriously wrong back there, so little composure under pressure and players all too often just switch off or have a brain far its backed up by the lack of clean sheets.

Elliott and Gakpo were good and heartening to see Salah give a shit even if he still wasn't a ruthless as he can be.

I thought defensively it was simple. We made changes, took endo off and introduced bajcetic. That caused 2 problems, firstly bajcetic expectedly struggled. And secondly it sent a message to the players that it was time to get the toys out because it was end of term and we could stop working. That period of the game was pathetic and yet we probably still should have scored 3 or 4 more. 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Second half, we scored twice.

We were brilliant for an hour and then made a couple of substitutions that weakened us, while they made a couple that strengthened them.

“Brilliant” is doing some heavy lifting there .

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought defensively it was simple. We made changes, took endo off and introduced bajcetic. That caused 2 problems, firstly bajcetic expectedly struggled. And secondly it sent a message to the players that it was time to get the toys out because it was end of term and we could stop working. That period of the game was pathetic and yet we probably still should have scored 3 or 4 more. 

I thought it was just symptomatic of us conceding the first goal as we often do - a complete lack of focus and willingness to do the basics in defence.  It has been better this season but in the past 2 years I've definately noticed a distinct lack of 'putting your body on the line' to block a shot or make a tackle with our defenders.

IMO we simply cannot challenge for major honours with a defence so porus and prone to errors.  Yes we are very wasteful in attack  and that absolutely needs improvement but it is in defence is where we need our biggest improvements imo

2 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

I thought it was just symptomatic of us conceding the first goal as we often do - a complete lack of focus and willingness to do the basics in defence.  It has been better this season but in the past 2 years I've definately noticed a distinct lack of 'putting your body on the line' to block a shot or make a tackle with our defenders.

IMO we simply cannot challenge for major honours with a defence so porus and prone to errors.  Yes we are very wasteful in attack  and that absolutely needs improvement but it is in defence is where we need our biggest improvements imo

We need a top quality number 6. We need a regular partner for vvd. We need to make up our mind what the right back role is. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

We need a top quality number 6. We need a regular partner for vvd. We need to make up our mind what the right back role is. 

6 weeks ago we’d have thought endo, Konate and Bradley went a long way to answering all those questions 

6 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

6 weeks ago we’d have thought endo, Konate and Bradley went a long way to answering all those questions 

I didn't. I've never believed konate has had the capacity stay fit whilst playing twice per week, he hasn't managed it his whole career. There are some question marks over what he does on the pitch and he might improve if he didn't spend his life clinging to fitness. Endo was never the future of anything and was just doing a job. And Bradley is a kid, you can't make long term judgements after 10 games. And while Bradley played there, we had Gomez doing the hybrid stuff on the other side. Whilst it might seem the same, it doesn't help defensive solidity swapping that function side to side of the pitch. 

We were very good for around an hour, and very poor after that. Probably a combination of thinking the job was done and the subs. Klopps comment about Bajcetic summed his day up, said it looked like going on the motorway with a bicycle. More or less admitting that he brought him on too early. That said the team also lost shape completely and that can’t be all down to Bajcetic. 

On the individual performances Trent was good in the first half, Robertson was mostly good and Gakpo and Salah both good up front. Most of them were decent I’d say, until we stopped playing. Alisson with some great saves as usual, you more or less expect that from him these days. Man of the match for me was Eliott, fantastic energy, great pressing and mostly excellent on the ball. And of course a superb goal. It’s gonna be very exciting Tinder how Slot wants to set up the team, and how Elliott will develop with a his structure and tactical setup.

I just think it’s so fucking obvious when you break it down.  Trent actually stayed at right back about 90% of the time in possession for the first 60 odd minutes.  Suddenly Salah is all over the ball running at the full back and gets a goal.  There is space and multiple options every time someone has the ball.  We get a second goal from Trent getting near enough to the byline.  His attitude was a lot better as well and he actually sprinted back and defended on quite a few occasions.

As the game went on he started going inside more and more.  It coincided with Mac Allister and Endo going off but we started to fall to bits at that point.  It’s just so irritating because this fucking tactic has pretty much cost us the title in my eyes.  It should have been fucked off a long time ago but Klopp and Lijnders persistence with it was just raw Rafa style pigheadedness.

Mac Allisters ball to Trent for the second goal was everything we’ve been missing for months.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think If Slot wants any chance of  a decent season next year he has to fuck the domestic cups off as soon as possible. Give himself training time and the players a bit more rest.

And fuck that front three off it’s fucking grim whoever starts 

• Downvote 1

Our game management is pure shite switching off at 4-0 with half hour to go is negligent and could have easily conceded 3 or 4 while at the other end we just laugh after missing chances again to players being offside or just being plain shite 

1 minute ago, Dapower said:

And fuck that front three off it’s fucking grim whoever starts 

We have only failed to score in three games in the league this season, same as City, Arsenal have failed to score in five games. 

We only have 9 clean sheets though, Arsenal have 17 and City have 11. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We won that in 1906.

Screenshot_2024-05-05-21-10-31-44_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Few of the forum regulars on show there 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think If Slot wants any chance of  a decent season next year he has to fuck the domestic cups off as soon as possible. Give himself training time and the players a bit more rest.

Absolute bollocks mate. This club is built for silverware. Play the best side available every single game unless it’s a dead rubber match and try and win the fucking lot. Every. Single. Time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Few of the forum regulars on show there 

Absolute bollocks mate. This club is built for silverware. Play the best side available every single game unless it’s a dead rubber match and try and win the fucking lot. Every. Single. Time. 

sure is and that’s why we include the screen sports super cup winners on our roll of honour simple as that 

9 minutes ago, Dapower said:

sure is and that’s why we include the screen sports super cup winners on our roll of honour simple as that 

Arguably our best ever trophy that