You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Proud Parent. My son is running the London Marathon

Champ

My son, Jamie, who some of you have met, is training to run the London Marathon on Sunday 21 April. His first.
He is fundraising for a number of great causes.

I don’t know if I’ve exhausted the goodwill of the very generous people of this place but in the spirit of ‘if you don’t ask you won’t get’ I decided to share his page and if anyone would like to chip in I know he’ll be really chuffed.

Thanks in advance 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/james-plattssmith?utm_term=AXJXrKGAz

• Upvote 9

YR, you are an absolute legend! 
I just went to his page to see how much he’s raised and there was your name at the top. On Jamie’s behalf, thank you so much.

I’m so looking forward to cheering him around the course

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Any chance of him being the one to finally smash the two hour barrier?

As he said, his goal is the family PB, 3h 41. It’s stood for a long time now 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Any chance of him being the one to finally smash the two hour barrier?

And thanks for your generous donation too, John.

I’ve clearly been ‘riding the forum’ for so long that I was a bit surprised to see you signing yourself as ‘John’ and not ‘Turdseye’. Yeah, that might have looked a bit odd

• Haha 1

To everyone who has sent money to Jamie's Justgiving page thank you so much. It’s incredible that people who have never even met my boy have been so generous 

Bear in mind that I’ve been the pub, I really really ought to have met your mum in person by now. 

It’s mad that it hasn’t come to pass so far, but fair play to Champ Jr, if her boy is gonna do a marathon it might’ll as well be the big ‘un. 

Go ed, Jamie. Smash it. Fingers crossed you make it all the way. Best of luck mate. Hope 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bear in mind that I’ve been the pub, I really really ought to have met your mum in person by now. 

It’s mad that it hasn’t come to pass so far, but fair play to Champ Jr, if her boy is gonna do a marathon it might’ll as well be the big ‘un. 

Go ed, Jamie. Smash it. Fingers crossed you make it all the way. Best of luck mate. Hope 

What happened after ‘Hope’?

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Can’t remember. I was absolutely wasted last night. On the Jägers and everything. Left a decent jacket in the pub. 

Hope he beats his dad’s time. 

Get back and see if it’s still there

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m gonna pop in on the way home from the school run. The barmaid lives four doors up from me. Maybe she’s grabbed it for me. 

Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread. 

Don’t be daft

As a runner and someone who has another marathon in 6 weeks myself I will be happy to throw a few quid in.

Good luck to the lad.

London is a boss race too - crowds are unreal - he'll love it.

The hard part is the training - the long lonely long runs through winter - the marathon itself is the reward, the victory lap!

• Upvote 1

If you click on your username, top right, and click on profile it shows you your latest posts. My latest was thanking all you wonderful people who donated to my previous fundraiser. And here I am again.

I certainly never asked my mum to share the word, although I did suspect she might. I am absolutely stoked, as I was last time, with the amount of donations I've received over the last 24 hours or so, from people I don't even know. Thank you all so much for your generous donations, it really is appreciated.

I purposefully left my story anonymous, I didn't want to publicly name names. Stuart, who is my fiance (which is a terrible word btw) 's uncle has Parkinson's and is really not doing too well. He was in hospital earlier in the week after having a fall. It's a terrible illness and I hope that any money I raise can help to support people like Stuart and his family.

Hopefully end with a slightly more upbeat story. My colleague Jon is an incredible guy, so positive and never lets his disability get in the way of him living his life. He has cerebral palsy which affects the right side of his body. We were chatting in the office earlier in the week and I said that he has such an amazing outlook despite the shit hand he's been dealt. 'Literally' he immediately replied and burst out laughing.

Thank you once again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, an tha said:

As a runner and someone who has another marathon in 6 weeks myself I will be happy to throw a few quid in.

Good luck to the lad.

London is a boss race too - crowds are unreal - he'll love it.

The hard part is the training - the long lonely long runs through winter - the marathon itself is the reward, the victory lap!

Yeah, buzzing for it! Less than a month to go now.

2 hours ago, his lanky mate said:

If you click on your username, top right, and click on profile it shows you your latest posts. My latest was thanking all you wonderful people who donated to my previous fundraiser. And here I am again.

I certainly never asked my mum to share the word, although I did suspect she might. I am absolutely stoked, as I was last time, with the amount of donations I've received over the last 24 hours or so, from people I don't even know. Thank you all so much for your generous donations, it really is appreciated.

I purposefully left my story anonymous, I didn't want to publicly name names. Stuart, who is my fiance (which is a terrible word btw) 's uncle has Parkinson's and is really not doing too well. He was in hospital earlier in the week after having a fall. It's a terrible illness and I hope that any money I raise can help to support people like Stuart and his family.

Hopefully end with a slightly more upbeat story. My colleague Jon is an incredible guy, so positive and never lets his disability get in the way of him living his life. He has cerebral palsy which affects the right side of his body. We were chatting in the office earlier in the week and I said that he has such an amazing outlook despite the shit hand he's been dealt. 'Literally' he immediately replied and burst out laughing.

Thank you once again!

Fiancée.

She’s lovely 

17 hours ago, his lanky mate said:

You sure?

Just checked. Yes, you definitely are.

She's ok

And you’re a horror show.

Is it your last big run this weekend?