You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Feb 24-26 2024)

roundupheader.jpg

I’ll kick things off at Old Trafford where the Mancs lost in comical fashion to Fulham. United had five wins in a row and were unbeaten in 2024 going into this. Some had been fooled by that and were thinking they were turning things around. Shit, Gary Neville was even predicting they’d beat Spurs and Villa to a top four spot.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can allow themselves to be so influenced by results and completely ignore what they see with their own eyes. Klopp always talks about how important the performances are in terms of knowing where you are at as a team. If we win and play shit, he’ll say so and he’ll say that we need to be better next time because that won’t get the job done. You can play shite and win, or play really well and lose. As a coach he takes more from the latter because he knows that playing well will yield much better results over a period of time.

United’s record in 2024 looks really good, providing you haven’t seen them play. No team in the league has a bigger disparity between performances and results than they do. Even when they win they look shit. Only Sheffield United have given up more shots on goal than these fucking bums. Some of their fans get all chesty when they’ve won a few but the knowledgable ones surely knew a result like this one was in the post.

I wasn’t at all surprised Fulham beat them, but the manner of it wasn’t something I’d have expected. Once United got their spawny late equaliser I expected them to get another, so that 87th minute Fulham winner was funny as fuck, especially as Brighton were equalising against Everton at virtually the same moment.

I say this a lot so I should be used to it, but it’s always jarring to me any time I see a United line up as it’s always so shit looking. They’ve got absolutely nothing there in terms of top talent and they’re not well coached either. They’re complete dogshit and it’s a miracle they’re so high in the table.

They had Lindelof at left back, some kid I’d never heard of on the wing and Rashford is now back at centre forward because the one player they have who does look decent is now injured and will miss the Manc derby this weekend. They had virtually no chance of getting anything at City even when Hojland was available, but without him forget it. That lazy arse Rashford with his four goals all season strutting around like his shit don’t stink. He’s a fucking disgrace him. I heard loads of school kids in Manchester are refusing their free school dinners because they don’t want to be associated with the bone idle bastard.

Fulham were all over them in the first half and Iwobi was running them ragged. Imagine being run ragged by Iwobi. Kinell. I like that Muniz up front for Fulham. He’s proving to be a decent replacement for Mitrovic now and I don’t think they’re missing him any more.

Maguire should have been sent off for a first half lunge but his name isn’t Curtis Jones so he escaped with a yellow card.

Bassey blasted Fulham ahead from a corner and at this point in the MOTD highlights United hadn’t actually had a single chance. They were in the Fulham box once when they had a corner, but Fulham broke on them and nearly scored. That was the only time we’d seen them in the Fulham half.

Eventually with 10 minutes to go they got a corner and Maguire headed over. That sparked a little bit of pressure and Maguire equalised with a rebound after Leno spilled a shot by Fernandes. United poured forward looking for a winner and left the back door open for Traore to break on them and find Iwobi who fired into the bottom corner past a static Onana.

Fulham have been trolling United on social media ever since and Ten Hag has been crying about something they put on Tik Tok taking the piss out of Fernandes faking injury. He also had a go at Carra over his MNF analysis, even though it was absolutely bang on. Baldy is proper rattled now. They’re going to get killed at City this weekend.

View full article

• Upvote 3

• dave u pinned this topic

Wasn't it Grobelaar and Mcmanaman? Long time ago so I could well be wrong. And often am. Anyways, quality write up, especially liked the calling Man City cunts bit. The cunts. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Boz said:

Wasn't it Grobelaar and Mcmanaman? Long time ago so I could well be wrong. And often am. Anyways, quality write up, especially liked the calling Man City cunts bit. The cunts. 

That was at Goodison. At Wembley it was him and Beglin.

4 hours ago, dave u said:

That was at Goodison. At Wembley it was him and Beglin.

Ah fair do's. For some reason I have no memory of that! Which final was it and what were the circumstances around it?

1 hour ago, Boz said:

Ah fair do's. For some reason I have no memory of that! Which final was it and what were the circumstances around it?

86, there was a misunderstanding between them where they left the ball to eachother, and Grobbelaar lost it.

• Like 1

More from my boy Maupay.

"Just by throwing a dart I got 11 players on toast. It was just so easy. It would have been better if we had won but we lost in the end... at their place, in front of their fans, got all their players raging. That's GOATED. You even see the reaction, Maddison posting me on instagram after, and all of them players running at me every time they scored".

He didn't do any of that shit against us and at the end he was over hugging Klopp and chatting warmly with him. 

I like him, he's a character. I take back all the bad stuff I've said about him previously. There needs to be more knobheads like him in footy.

De Zerbi will take his place at the toon, make them look good then they end up 7th or 8th...

None of them can cope with the pace and relentless drive of us and the 115.

Great review as always spot on on Man Ure they are becoming more like Arsenal than Arsenal...

• dave u unpinned this topic