You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xabi Alonso: Welcome back to Anfield.

Elite

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Who d'you sign?

2023/24(290ml)

Valetin Barco(loaned back)

Ezequil Fernandez(loaned back)

Ousmane Diomande 

Evan Ferguson(join next year) 

Emile Smith Rowe 

Antonio Silva 

Martin Vitik 

(Youth signings)

Chris Rigg 

Keeper Tobiasz

Ronnie Edwards

Nestroy Irankunda

Omari Benjamin

Michael Rosiak

Andreas Dithmer

Sold(168ml)

Virgil van dijk

Joe Gomez

Thiago

Rhys Williams

Marcelo Pitaluga

Other youth players

2024/25(43ml)

Archive Gray(loaned back)

Assange Diao

Gabriel Moscardo

Dodo

Stands Idumbo Muzambo

Sold (244ml)

Mo Salah

Diogo Jota

Joel Matip

Nat Phillips

Sepp van den Berg

Trent Kone Doherty

Other youth

Net spend -79ml

20240328_213643.jpg

20240328_213653.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/football/article/liverpool-alonso-xabi-stay-move-leverkusen-bayer-0w0rvc709

Sporting are top of the league and on course to repeat that success with Amorim’s man-management and tactical acumen having helped out-manoeuvre Porto and Benfica. He is believed to have a release clause in his contract of up to £17 million.

Pay money for a manager shit.

I don't know much about this Amorim but a quick read of his wiki says he never talks about refs. I give him 12 months of Howard Webb and his crooked friends before he is compiling a dossier. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Denny Crane said:

Pay money for a manager shit.

I don't know much about this Amorim but a quick read of his wiki says he never talks about refs. I give him 12 months of Howard Webb and his crooked friends before he is compiling a dossier. 

12 months? 12 games more like! 

Amorim seems like the logical choice, then. I have reservations about him being able to make the step up to a club of our level, but he’s won titles as a player and manager at big clubs in Portugal, and hopefully that will stand him in good stead if appointed.

A journeyman like De Zerbi shouldn’t be anywhere near the job and would probably see Edwards and Hughes going the way of Comolli within eight months.

If we are talking Football manager their recent stingy increase for Quansah is a disgrace. Current ability up to 61. What the fuck? No increase to potential ability either. 

Also they raised Endo's current ability from 71 to a whopping 72. 

Shame on Sports Interactive!

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Seems he’s staying at Leverkusen. I respect that. It’s a proper footballing decision. Good for him. 

If true, the Liverpool job is available, it might not be again, and he's not interested. 

He's stalling for Madrid who might have a vacancy in 12 months.

Obviously none of this is set in stone yet, but if that's how it plays out, he's not for us. It's not Klopp like behaviour 

So Alonso is staying at Leverkusen as a story is basically coming from what that gobshite at Bayern Munich has said?

I wouldn't take too much notice of noise coming from Bayern Munich.

Their president is trying to unsettle Alonso as wants him and wants to try and derail Leverkusen's season as they are beating them hands down to the title.

He's been gobbing off for weeks with different stuff about Alonso - meanwhile LFC are saying nothing and acting professionally - we'll see come end of season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68690445

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Chris said:

Bayern look at themselves the way we look at ourselves when we're batting away rumours a player/manager would want to go elsewhere.

With all due respect, that's bollocks. 

Bayern are the Man United of Germany. Plus. Without the historical or contemporary competition.

They're possibly the most arrogant, entitled club in the world. The Yankees of "soccer." 

• Upvote 1