You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield Utd (A) - Wed 6th Dec 2023 (7:30pm)

Trumo

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I don't think they showed it on TV, but Norwood did get booked for that one, if that's the one you mean.

I didn't see the card because Prime constantly focused on the managers and dugout. Their coverage was wank due to their obsession of focusing on individuals rather than the match.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I didn't see the card because Prime constantly focused on the managers and dugout. Their coverage was wank due to their obsession of focusing on individuals rather than the match.

Yeah, but as they didn't go for any more in the next round of TV rights, it felt like they were already cutting back to be fair. Hence the bargain bin bellend presenter trying to act like he's got a rapport he hasn't earned. 

I only noticed yesterday that Norwood was booked as well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, but as they didn't go for any more in the next round of TV rights, it felt like they were already cutting back to be fair. Hence the bargain bin bellend presenter trying to act like he's got a rapport he hasn't earned. 

I only noticed yesterday that Norwood was booked as well.

As it's a US led company maybe they haven't hit the numbers or ratings they needed?

Ratings will be great across the package of games, but not per game as they show them all.

The key thing would prob be, most people who would pay for prime already do. The football itself probably hasn't moved the needle of subscribers enough to justify it. Or that might be part of a decision they've made across all sports coverage.

Kevin, on the Boxing thread, has posted an article saying that Amazon have signed their biggest contract ever to take over the major boxing events in America, so maybe they are reshaping their sports involvement.

Maybe they will give McCoist a go.

' I have to tell ye, he's an awesome right hand, the boy '

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Kevin, on the Boxing thread, has posted an article saying that Amazon have signed their biggest contract ever to take over the major boxing events in America, so maybe they are reshaping their sports involvement.

' I have to tell ye, he's an awesome right hand, the boy '

We'll get Jim Watt for the football.

HIS LEGS HAVE GONE.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

' I have to tell ye, he's an awesome right hand, the boy  He really does'

FTFY

Whereas Amazons long-term global sporting strategy is fascinating, I’d like to refocus on the fact that even if we get a scrappy 1-0 tomorrow at Palace we’ll be top of the league despite playing like a bunch of dinner ladies when the ball goes near them.

Now I remember being on top of the league in the Roy Evans era and I was totally unenthused about it, as it was blatantly obvious it wouldn’t last, nor did it.

This would feel different as there is always hope we can click into gear at some point. Any time lads, when you’re ready.

5 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Whereas Amazons long-term global sporting strategy is fascinating, I’d like to refocus on the fact that even if we get a scrappy 1-0 tomorrow at Palace we’ll be top of the league despite playing like a bunch of dinner ladies when the ball goes near them.

Now I remember being on top of the league in the Roy Evans era and I was totally unenthused about it, as it was blatantly obvious it wouldn’t last, nor did it.

This would feel different as there is always hope we can click into gear at some point. Any time lads, when you’re ready.

I'll take a draw now!

• Haha 1

On 07/12/2023 at 10:32, Code said:

I saw this on the early kick-offs yesterday.

The numbers I have seen before have been a lot worse. 

https://x.com/basstunedtored/status/1732518024538694035?s=61&t=ZxLfrNJJOY-MQIKLBIpr2w

IMG_9551.jpeg

This shows exactly the narrative of most of the BT/TNT games. Sky get first and second choice so it is rare that the 12:30 Saturday game is two top 6 teams playing against each other. Instead, they pick one where a relative minnow are at home to a big team, who are usually after a midweek European game, or after an international week. 

The build-up and commentary will be based around a potential slip-up for Goliath and the pluckiness of David. They must think that this will attract fans of the other big teams to tune in and enjoy the hope of an upset. Maybe it does, but it is torture to listen to for the fan of the big team playing. 

Jermaine fucking Jenas extolling the virtues of average defenders making a block or him tut-tutting a misplaced pass by players who are a mile better than he ever was, and who have had careers that he only dreamed of, is ear aids. 

Afterwards, if they get their wish and a draw or even a defeat for the giant is treated one of the great days of British sport. However, if the top 6 team do get the win, most opposition supporters have tuned out since the opening goal, so they flip the switch and tell us how great the winners are,  and they could win the title this year. 

Just get Ally McCoist and a few other positive people, who actually like football, and don’t fucking adore themselves, in to commentate/discuss the game and players, on their merits. It isn't rocket science. 

I fucking hate 12:30 kick-offs but the TV experience is fucking putrid

• Upvote 1