You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Dog House

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, elvis said:

Sounds very familiar , thing is I could be living a fairly happy single life - if only I had the cajones to step out into  the traffic and take a chance 

I've made my peace with being single now. There's more chance of The Beatles reforming than me having sex but life without all the nagging and drama is worth it.

My mate even set me up with a bird two months ago & I just couldn't be arsed to message her.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I've made my peace with being single now. There's more chance of The Beatles reforming than me having sex but life without all the nagging and drama is worth it.

My mate even set me up with a bird two months ago & I just couldn't be arsed to message her.

See if we split up I'd have no where to go. My dad's dead,  my mums in a one bedroom flat and all my mates are living with women and kids.

I'd also have fuck all.  I remember when we were going through a particularly patch looking at furnished flats and they were all in the smack head areas.

7 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

See if we split up I'd have no where to go. My dad's dead,  my mums in a one bedroom flat and all my mates are living with women and kids.

I'd also have fuck all.  I remember when we were going through a particularly patch looking at furnished flats and they were all in the smack head areas.

Aye, I live in a dump and have very little money but I can do pretty much what I want when I get home from work at night.

It's bliss & a bird would just ruin it.

44 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I have similar problems, my parents are both long gone along with my closest brother. 

I tried a month with another brother, but he is a fuckin nightmare to be around. All my old mates are settled as well. 

It certainly limits your choices mate 

9 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

@Bjornebye have you found out what you did and whats the damage now?

Just being a general nuisance. Drunkest I’ve been in a long while that. She’s still not talking to me properly. Quite handy really because I’m pissed off myself so we’d only argue. Reckon we will be fine by tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Just being a general nuisance. Drunkest I’ve been in a long while that. She’s still not talking to me properly. Quite handy really because I’m pissed off myself so we’d only argue. Reckon we will be fine by tomorrow. 

Ive learned ( far too late mind) that me and alcohol arent the best of mates sometimes, it took a while but I am more vigilant now

Just spoke to my mate. Last year his Mrs went bed he stayed up pissed, just after xmascfell over broke the Christmas tree they'd just paid 400 quid for. He doesn't get  bad hangovers so next morning he boxed it up and took decorations down.

On Sunday they got it down again and as his Mrs opened it he remembered what he'd done. He's now in dog house 

• Upvote 3