You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Sun 8th Oct 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

We really need to win here - firstly it is beyond shite going into a break for that international bollocks off the back of a defeat (would be back to back in our case too) - but also after todays results.

A draw on paper does not look a terrible result - but one does not really do much for us....would feel bad and wrong only being 4 or 5 pts ahead of an abysmal manc side too - a side with a fucking negative GD and who look garbage - we have looked ok and loads of good feeling around us even in all the adversity we have had - would be really shite to only be 4 or 5 pts ahead of that shite.

Oh and we really owe it to ourselves against these after the frankly abysmal and spineless display in the corresponding game last season.

Will be an interesting one, Brighton off the back of their first european away where they had to fight hard for a draw, had a pretty big hangover from their game against AEK when they played Bournemouth the Sunday after and looked a mile off the pace the first half, also missing Estupinian, have a few other injuries plus a defence that is about as shaky as ours is.

On the other side given the absolute whomping they got off Villa will surely be looking to show some steel and get a result after that.

They’re playing Liverpool, they’ll be giving 110%, as every team does against us.

I’m nervous that Taylor will be looking to book ours as early as he can so as to make us think twice about any 50-50 challenges.

Imagine there’ll be a fair few simulations from the Brighton players, they’ll be aware that

officials won’t be wanting to do us any favours after us causing them embarrassment last week.

31 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

I hope After the shenanigans that went on last week at Spurs the team got a world against us mentality and want to build on the mentality we showed last week by beating a Jekyll and Hyde Brighton tough game but we should too much for them 

I think we will use it as a driver, but i am equally sure PGMOL will be doing the same and their ego, arrogance and cuntishness will mean they will have seen our statement and all the coverage this week as being unfair and disrespectful etc and will be out to fuck us when the chance arises.

We've been suffering a reaction from them to the stuff from end of last season and it is likely to be ratcheted up a notch now. Cunts.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Endo must be shite.

I am surprised he hasn't got in today given they have totally bossed us in midfield before (albeit different midfields for both sides) and Elliott and Szobo are so attack minded.

But Klopp clearly feels he isn't what we need again today so....

1 minute ago, suzy said:

We really need a good win here.

We really do.

Results yesterday, the thought of going into the break for that load of international bollocks on a 2 game not winning spell and having to wait so long to get back at it....

And we owe these after they humiliated us last season and we put in one of the worst performances i have seen under Klopp from us - it was pathetic.

• Upvote 1