You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wataru Endo Welcome to Liverpool

John102

He had a very dodgy spell where he gave the ball away twice in close succession. I also feared him being sent off considering the random nature of the bookings in the game too. He is doing the simple things very well. He and Gravenberch really took the mantle when it was  needed today.

He played a professional game today, other than the fact he may have been sent off on a different day.

It was ok. Which for the type of signing he was, is perfectly acceptable, given he could have simply not been good enough. But he is proving he's an asset and someone we can at least rely on to put in the 6 position and have a decent shape with him there. And then he's had a few very good games as well.

The performances get rated higher in general, though, because the expectations aren't very high. Like today, he wasn't actually productive on or off ball.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

He played a professional game today, other than the fact he may have been sent off on a different day.

It was ok. Which for the type of signing he was, is perfectly acceptable, given he could have simply not been good enough. But he is proving he's an asset and someone we can at least rely on to put in the 6 position and have a decent shape with him there. And then he's had a few very good games as well.

The performances get rated higher in general, though, because the expectations aren't very high. Like today, he wasn't actually productive on or off ball.

So, basically.....

6 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Very good game today, even if he gave it away to cause danger on a couple of occasions. Also lucky not to get a second yellow.

But overall very good, excellent in the positioning, picks up second balls, wins tackles, wins headers and very often makes the sensible decision on the ball. 

I was worried about the 2nd yellow. As the game was comfortable, it was more about not wanting to lose him on Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

That Endo bet was shooting fish in a barrel - fair play!

I’m gutted, mate.

I was at the bank on Monday morning explaining how I knew, with the certainly of Newtonian physics, that Endo was getting booked away at Brentford and they laughed & sneered at me like I was a fool.

We’ve got City at home, next month, and that is bet your mortgage money on him stopping De Bruyne on a counter attack.

I can see him now, absolutely nailing him.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You don't half talk some bollocks 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Endo's odds are plummeting by the game. I'd wait until the second half in play for better odds. In fact i was going to do that yesterday but foolishly didnt.

I had an  endo yellow , and no more than 5 corners at about 8- 1. Eighth minute of injury time Gomez gets a corner the fuckin dope! 

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Been booked in five of his last seven games for us now.

Before that he had five bookings in 19 games for us.

IMG_0062.jpeg

I don’t know how to search this on Bet365, but there is another storey on my house courtesy of Endo.