You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wataru Endo Welcome to Liverpool

John102

18 minutes ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

Giving silly free kicks in dangerous areas towards the arse-end of matches?

Yes, covering the arses of the rest of the midfield who are either too thick or too lazy to track runners.

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Yes, covering the arses of the rest of the midfield who are either too thick or too lazy to track runners.

Heh, wasn't having a go mind you. Just that when he was on the pitch you could set your watch to him conceding a free kick just outside of our penalty box in the 88th min while we were defending a one goal lead. EVERY.SINGLE,GAME. Momo Sissoko (before that freak eye injury) he ain't, now that's a destroyer.

Oh, and that miss against Boro still giving me nightmares all these years. How the fuck did he not score that?

7 minutes ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

Heh, wasn't having a go mind you. Just that when he was on the pitch you could set your watch to him conceding a free kick just outside of our penalty box in the 88th min while we were defending a one goal lead. EVERY.SINGLE,GAME. Momo Sissoko (before that freak eye injury) he ain't, now that's a destroyer.

Oh, and that miss against Boro still giving me nightmares all these years. How the fuck did he not score that?

Ha, I know you weren't.

The central midfielder who bothers to get a foot in always seems to cop it more than the one that lets runners drift past him though. Momo was a proper athlete, neither of Endo or Lucas before have/had the height, pace, agility, or strength to always get themselves into a decent position before challenging. 

I quite quickly gave up on Lucas ever doing anything particularly positive offensively. Mad that he was a number 10 when we signed him.

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Ha, I know you weren't.

The central midfielder who bothers to get a foot in always seems to cop it more than the one that lets runners drift past him though. Momo was a proper athlete, neither of Endo or Lucas before have/had the height, pace, agility, or strength to always get themselves into a decent position before challenging. 

I quite quickly gave up on Lucas ever doing anything particularly positive offensively. Mad that he was a number 10 when we signed him.

Most thought he was more of a number two.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Ha, I know you weren't.

i will never forget at the time when we signed lucas, seeing him described by some brazilian journo as something like the defensive work of roy keane, the passing of steven gerrard and the goalscoring of frank lampard. haha. that helped me learn very quickly there are lots of know it all blerts on the internet who have probably never seen a player play! 

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i will never forget at the time when we signed lucas, seeing him described by some brazilian journo as something like the defensive work of roy keane, the passing of steven gerrard and the goalscoring of frank lampard. haha. that helped me learn very quickly there are lots of know it all blerts on the internet who have probably never seen a player play! 

Tim Vickery. 

He's an exciting player of a type that Brazilian football hasn't produced too many of recently. Of late their central midfielders have tended to be 'holders' who sit and allow the full-backs to push forward.

Lucas is different. He's a big, blonde figure whose power and physical strength comes with attacking ability.

He can pass well and loves to rumble forward. He gets on the scoresheet both with blistering shots from range and from bursting beyond the strikers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6653123.stm

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

he doesn't pick a quick forward pass

He does man - alot.

He made a half dozen final 3rd passes just the other day. It is the one thing he is above average at.

I'll give Klopp the last word - after Toulose.

[Klopp]: I would like to mention Waturu Endo...the forward passes he played tonight were absolutely incredible and how often he broke lines with one touch was absolutely insane and then he scores a wonderful goal

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, Tim Vickery. BBC's South American football expert. What a gig it must be being an expert for the BBC. 

Plus you get to answer questions like the one from Jayesh Patel, who is concerned by football suffering from the eradication of poverty in Brazil.

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Tim Vickery. 

He's an exciting player of a type that Brazilian football hasn't produced too many of recently. Of late their central midfielders have tended to be 'holders' who sit and allow the full-backs to push forward.

Lucas is different. He's a big, blonde figure whose power and physical strength comes with attacking ability.

He can pass well and loves to rumble forward. He gets on the scoresheet both with blistering shots from range and from bursting beyond the strikers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6653123.stm

the one i was thinking of actually used those 3 players i referenced. it might still have been vickery like. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

He does man - alot.

He made a half dozen final 3rd passes just the other day. It is the one thing he is above average at.

I'll give Klopp the last word - after Toulose.

[Klopp]: I would like to mention Waturu Endo...the forward passes he played tonight were absolutely incredible and how often he broke lines with one touch was absolutely insane and then he scores a wonderful goal

to be honest, i am sure he can do it in europe. one of his early games for us, i remember talking to the lads at the game how he looked better in these european games because they applied very little pressure to him in possession. i personally don't think I have seen much of that in the premier league. and i would say so much so, it was a shock to watch macca doing it for a little while when he came on the other night. 

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, Tim Vickery. BBC's South American football expert. What a gig it must be being an expert for the BBC. 

Live in some nice part of Rio or Sao Paulo, watch footy, make up some shite for the gringos and then spend the rest of the day drinking caipirinhas.

Fair play to him, that's some gig.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Fully deserved. If anything I'm more worried about losing him for a month than Salah, as we have no depth at that position.

Assuming Zob is injured, we are really thin in midfield especially as Gravenberch seems to struggle to give us more than 60 minutes. If we’re desperate I think Trent will play there with Bradley at RB. Gakpo is another option but then we’ve no cover up front. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

He started slowly I thought, took a good 15 minutes to get in the game but was very good after. 

Probably MOM and I’m not even really a fan. 

Absolutely nobody was good in the opening 15. I thought his performance picked up as the game went. I wouldn't give him mom as I thought all the front 3 were the best 3 players on the pitch today.