You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Casemiro just whispering into Brunos ear there probably something along the lines of "Never mind Bruno we got paid on Wednesday 3 more years worth to come then we can go to Saudi with Cristiano"

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Ming racing off to fire up the seismic world destruction machine….

He’s hardly Merciless. Soon to be jobless though.

It would have been good for City to drop points taking into account the half time score. But, it wasn’t expected. 

It changes very little. If we don’t lose next weekend and then go all out to win the remaining league fixtures, and do so, then it’s ours. 

It’d be great to win all four. But, we could be getting to the stage now where we have to make a choice to prioritise the league games and go weaker in the cups. 

United are fucking awful though. And, I think I might’ve suggested Amrabat in the transfer thread. That removes my right to suggest any further future signings. He’s shockingly bad. It’s all way too fast for him. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

It would have been good for City to drop points taking into account the half time score. But, it wasn’t expected. 

It changes very little. If we don’t lose next weekend and then go all out to win the remaining league fixtures, and do so, then it’s ours. 

It’d be great to win all four. But, we could be getting to the stage now where we have to make a choice to prioritise the league games and go weaker in the cups. 

United are fucking awful though. And, I think I might’ve suggested Amrabat in the transfer thread. That removes my right to suggest any further future signings. He’s shockingly bad. It’s all way too fast for him. 

Fuck, he isn't good enough to lace my boots let alone Endo's.

One good thing about United’s performance is that they’ve highlighted a weakness of City’s that we could try to take advantage of. 

The direct goal kick or ball from the back line. They looked quite susceptible to that at times today. And you’d imagine that Nunez, Diaz and Mo could do more damage when exploiting that weakness than the halfhearted Rashford and Garnacho did. 

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

That would likely put Arsenal in the driving seat. I really think we have to win.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moo said:

That would likely put Arsenal in the driving seat. I really think we have to win.

I worked it out wrong. Arsenal have to play City though. So they’d have to beat them if we won the rest. Which is a big ask. Both of them - Arsenal beating City at the Etihad and us winning all our remaining fixtures. 

There is room for plenty of twists and turns. But, I’ll be livid if the officiating in the Spurs and Arsenal games cost us. 

Alas, it just wasnt to be. Very representative game of who they are, though Sometimes their players do something, like the Rashford goal, and then they give up about 25 shots. 

If I had decided to support Man United, Id have stopped doing so about 5 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Jennings said:

It's not the shiteness. It's the lack of effort or plan.

Their plan wasn't all that far off paying dividends today, if they'd had a bit more composure on the break, they could have been 3 or 4 up at HT.

Still quite embarrassing to spend all that money and set up so defensively.

Man Utd have faced 414 shots this season, the fourth-most behind Sheffield United, Luton Town and West Ham. That is an extraordinary figure that has resulted, in part, from a particularly poor last five Premier League matches, in which United have faced 100 shots.

Compared with their supposed rivals, Man Utd are well below where they should be, as Sky Sports revealed on Monday Night Football: Ten Hag's team have faced 20 or more shots in 12 of his league matches as Man Utd manager, or once every 5.3 fixtures.

Mikel Arteta, Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp are nowhere near that figure, with their sides facing 20 or more shots every 23, 73 and 161 matches respectively.

This season, United have faced at least 16 shots in a Premier League on 14 occasions. City have done so twice, while Arsenal not once.