You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister

El Rojo

Hopefully he can endear himself further to us later on by stuffing it up The Ev. 

Have to admit, I never really paid much attention to him before, not even in the World Cup. It was Caicedo who stood out at Anfield earlier in the season. I thought Mac Allister was very good in the 2 recent game Brighton had against the mancs. Looking forward to watching him again tonight.

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Brighton might qualify for the CL so signing for us would be a step down,for a year.

Us and Brighton for the CL, Newcastle and the Mancs miss out!

If we win our games, I think we’ll finish ahead of Brighton. If they win their remaining 6, they’ll finish with 73 - which includes Arsenal and Newcastle away and Man City at home. If we win our games (and get 71 points) I’d be surprised if they finished ahead of us. 

He’s a good player, but if we’re hoping not to keep up with Man Utd & Newcastle in the quest for fourth next season, I’d suggest he should be very much the ‘bargain bucket’ component of our midfield revamp. If our funds stretch to £70m on Mac Allister and one equivalent midfield player, the recruitment team are demented for forgoing Bellingham.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I never saw any of the Brighton v Everton game aside from the result. A result like that,from the outside at least,looks like they've downed tools and written their last few games off. Are they resigned to losing their key players?

They beat the mancs a few ďays ago and still had a shot a top 4. Most likely a bad day at the office because they took the points for granted and where 2 down before they knew what happened. 

They beat the mancs a few ďays ago and still had a shot a top 4. Most likely a bad day at the office because they took the points for granted and where 2 down before they knew what happened. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

A 5-1 home defeat to a relegation threatened team who can't score (usually) to save their lives seems a bit more than a bad day at the office!

12 hours ago, dave u said:

That stench from today isn't washing off any time soon so fuck him and any other Brighton player we get linked with. It's a hard NO from me.

Hmm, slightly irrational he's not a defender or a goalie . Think you have a severe case of Bellinghamitis . 

On 08/05/2023 at 07:49, Mook said:

Our midfield which won us the Champions League and the title wasn't really too much to get excited about on paper. Klopp's teams don't need a Zidane in there,. We need strong, fast, functional players & if we sign a couple of them, next season could be exciting.

Add fit and available and I’ll take that. 

I'm sure Wijnaldum was on the end of some rotten results with Newcastle before he joined us. 

While we're talking about Gini - how about this for a transfer policy: Just buy the Dutch Player of the Year every season.

We've done it to a degree and it's worked well for us with Kuyt, Suarez, Wijnaldum and Gakpo looks promising too. In recent years, de Ligt and Tadic would have fit in well too. 

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

A 5-1 home defeat to a relegation threatened team who can't score (usually) to save their lives seems a bit more than a bad day at the office!

We lost 7-2 to Villa a couple of years back. It happens sometimes. Everton had 5 shots on target and 5 goals and 22% possession. Shit happens sometimes 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

We lost 7-2 to Villa a couple of years back. It happens sometimes. Everton had 5 shots on target and 5 goals and 22% possession. Shit happens sometimes 

It's even worse when you realise one of those shots on target wasnt actually a goal, but yeah an extremely bad day in the office.

I'll repeat it here, Dyche beat Brighton 3-0 at the Amex with Burnley last season when Potter was still manager and he was setting them up a lot more defensively, clearly he has Brightons number and people probably should have had last seasons result in mind as well, this shouldnt be a reflection on the only player to actually bag a goal for the home team(who id gladly have at Liverpool).

I'll be honest with you, I'm not impressed by him at all. 

Then again, I wasn't impressed by Benteke, Carroll and Kieta either, and see how that blew up in my...

Seriously though, he's a solid "premier league proven" player, seems more than capable of playing in our system and, as usual, we'll probably end up paying a 75% premium on him. 

I wouldn't be happy if we blew a huge chunk of money on him. If he's near 70 million quid I just can't see where that value is when I've watched him. Not to say I've not thought he's decent but surely our scouts can find similar without blowing a huge amount of our budget on decent. We seem to spend big on players who wont want a big wage.

On 09/05/2023 at 12:16, El Rojo said:

I'm sure Wijnaldum was on the end of some rotten results with Newcastle before he joined us. 

Were any of those results a massive upset that kept Everton in the Premier League? No, so Gini was untainted.

The stink of that game will be on Mac Allister and the rest of that team forever. Keep him away from Anfield, I don't want to ever have to look at him as he's just a permanent reminder of what could/should have been. He should probably hand back his World Cup winners medal too really.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...