You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister

El Rojo

On 07/06/2023 at 16:47, Raymond Duck said:

This ChatGPT stuff needs locking down, not bad though. 

Video.mov

It's half decent but I hate how lazy it is, leave AI for the teams who can't come up with a good chant (reeks of Chelsea to me that).

How about repurposing an old fan favourite?

Ally Macca

Ally Ally Macca

Ally Macca

Ally Ally Macca

His ginger hair!
His boss pens!
From Santa Rosa!
Our number 10!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

The reported figure of £35m plus add-ons makes this a very good value deal, and we have a player well suited to performing the Gini role for us. A couple more high quality and high-energy midfield additions (Manu Kone and Khephren Thuram seem to be the two most strongly linked) plus a defender, and we have a much stronger squad than last season. Whoever we bring in though needs to have durability in their locker.

This lad has a really good record - hardly ever injured.  So it is a start.

According to transfermarkt this is his record:

20/21 Back Injury 3 days 1Brighton & Hove Albion
20/21 Virus Infection 35 days

3Brighton & Hove Albion

I think at worst, he will be a really solid squad player. As a profile, a good comparison would be Wijnaldum, where he is technically good enough, intelligent enough and hard working enough that you could put pretty much anybody around him and the midfield will work. And like Wijnaldum, though he was seen as a number 10 initially, I dont think you want him as the most forward thinking midfielder and most creative player. You want to use him as a stabilizing presence. But it will be interesting because he shoots a lot. I wonder if Klopp will coach that out of him a bit like with Wijnaldum, or what. I do think logically we will want to use his goal threat. 

12 goals last season in 40 games.

Now of course a it will depend on his role with us and we set up differently to Brighton - but that sort of ability to find the net could be a real bonus for us. Think i posted yesterday he attempted the 2nd highest average shots on goal per game for a midfielder last season.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

12 goals last season in 40 games.

Now of course a it will depend on his role with us and we set up differently to Brighton - but that sort of ability to find the net could be a real bonus for us. Think i posted yesterday he attempted the 2nd highest average shots on goal per game for a midfielder last season.

Milner golas do not count.

7 hours ago, an tha said:

3Brighton & Hove Albion

Not Injury Prone

His brother's home alone

Alexis, Alexis!

It'll be interesting to see how Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago react when there's genuine competition* for their places.

(*No offence to Harvey, Curtis and Stef; they might reach a point where they look like first-choice midfielders, but they're not there yet.)

8 hours ago, an tha said:

3Brighton & Hove Albion

Wow, he even beat AIDS. Took his time though.

49 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It'll be interesting to see how Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago react when there's genuine competition* for their places.

(*No offence to Harvey, Curtis and Stef; they might reach a point where they look like first-choice midfielders, but they're not there yet.)

They'll continue in the way they did when Bajcetic was there. The energy will help a lot but I'd like to think that El Macca is one of three or four newcomers.

I'd like to take issue with Macca's Dad saying Messi is better than Maradona due to longevity. He then went on to describe how the weight of everything was on Maradona's shoulders without mentioning how Diego was almost crippled every week. If Maradona was playing in the modern game he'd have lasted a lot longer. There is also a fair argument that Diego's love affair with 'the white stuff' could easily have been triggered by him constantly being assaulted on the pitch every week. Would Messi have lasted half as long in Maradona's day? Both great players but comparison is impossible.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Favourite Drink: Buckie.

Christ, those genes have been sat at the bar with a dram, glaring at anyone that comes near, for generations. Looking at Alexis I'm guessing it was finally their round.

15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

How come you're not sure mate? He's proven Premier league quality?

There are good things about him. He is very technical which I like and he is a ball retainer which fits into Klopps system very well. His ability to keep the ball and use it in a way where it will be kept is surely why we got him and it does make sense. 

He is an "all action" midfielder and can contribute to both the defence and attack. 

He's not the most physically gifted player in the world I think its fair to say. 

I dunno. There are definately positives but I still have the same feeling I had as I did with Gakpo and Nunez (and Keita for that matter) and that even though he is proven in the premier league.

The feeling is that I'm at least as anxious as I am excited. I'd just like to sign players where I am more excited than anxious. 

Could just be a creeping negativity on my part. There's certainly a lot to admire about the lads game and plenty he can bring.  

• Upvote 1