You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister

El Rojo

11 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

Jesus fucking Christ, another welcome to Liverpool thread... Tenth time lucky I guess.

I prefer the old fashioned method of welcoming someone once they've arrived, this is like some Twitter itk bullshit

Don’t knock tradition, pal. 

Just now, an tha said:

Yes!

Revisiting this thread as we do is renew Keita's deal - offer Morton improved terms and a new 5 year deal and get Delle Alli on a free is gonna be a joy.

Cheers for your usual sprinkling of positivity!

• Haha 1

We should buy Moisés Caicedo rather than Alexis Mac Allister.

We need a replacement for Fab more than we need a replacement for Hendo.  I admit we need a replacement for both, but one is crying out more than the other.

On missed players that may have been a Sliding Doors moment, I also think we should have bought Jermain Defoe when we bought Robbie Keane, and we should have bought Asmir Begović when we bought Simon Mignolet.  I actually think we'd have won the league in both 09 and in 14.  Maybe that's for a different thread.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, razor said:

We need a replacement for Fab more than we need a replacement for Hendo.  I admit we need a replacement for both, but one is crying out more than the other.

On missed players that may have been a Sliding Doors moment, I also think we should have bought Jermain Defoe when we bought Robbie Keane, and we should have bought Asmir Begović when we bought Simon Mignolet.  I actually think we'd have won the league in both 09 and in 14.  Maybe that's for a different thread.

Caicedo's not a Fabinho replacement, he's not a holding midfielder. You give him the freedom to go all over the pitch.

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Caicedo's not a Fabinho replacement, he's not a holding midfielder. You give him the freedom to go all over the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Caicedo replaces Henderson position not Fabs. 

Fair enough.  Whenever I see Brighton, Mac Allister is always more advanced than Caicedo.  I know neither are like for like, but the qualities I see in Caicedo are as a ball winner and line-breaker, like Fab in his prime.

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

18 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Caicedo replaces Henderson position not Fabs. 

Not how we're playing at the moment, you'd have to start him as a 6 but defensively he partners Mac Allister and offensively he Partners Trent in a double pivot. 

He's not a Fabinho 6 but you play him as a disruptor in the middle third of the pitch, you're not playing him as one of the advanced 8's

If we were playing in the earlier season system then absolutely he'd be the left sided midfielder. next to Fab and an advanced 8.

As with Jude Bellingham, Liverpool fear they would be priced out of a move for Alexis Mac Allister. A late season revival in the form of Curtis Jones, unexpected late 180d contract decisions from Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will mean that , after impress loan spells, Liverpool will focus on developing Leighton Clarkson & Tyler Morton. They also have high hopes for academy prospects Melkamu Frauendorf and Bobby Clarke…

IMG_9024.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, razor said:

Fair enough.  Whenever I see Brighton, Mac Allister is always more advanced than Caicedo.  I know neither are like for like, but the qualities I see in Caicedo are as a ball winner and line-breaker, like Fab in his prime.

Caicedo is also a great target. He's a bit like Kante in that he's best suited to a 2 man midfield because you want him running all over the place. If that's what we're going with, he can partner anybody. But in a 3, he would play with Fabinho, not instead, which would give us a bit less quality in possession. It depends on what we'd want our tactics to be, really.

The advantage with Mac Allister is that he's proven to be very versatile.

The best players are tactically flexible. Wijnaldum played quite different roles for  both us and the Netherlands with distinction. I think he’s a decent comparator in this case.

Also, in his early years with us, Fabinho was often making those great interceptions on the edge of our attacking third.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, razor said:

Agreed in so far that our bigger need is for a young, pacy physical 6.

Really like this Mac Allister kid though, more suited as an 8, creative, 2 footed, great vision. He reminds me of a grittier more physical version of Adam Lallana, think he'd be a shrewd signing

44 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Agreed in so far that our bigger need is for a young, pacy physical 6.

Really like this Mac Allister kid though, more suited as an 8, creative, 2 footed, great vision. He reminds me of a grittier more physical version of Adam Lallana, think he'd be a shrewd signing

A grittier Adam Lallana? Isn't that just a bloke that doesn't wear ripped jeans?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Build the thread and he will come.

Anyway, looks a proper footballer. Bit of everything about him.

Discuss.

If you’ve jinxed this and it falls through and we end up with Mason Fucking Mount, I will hunt you down and inflict such pain and misery upon you that even Satan himself will petition for mercy on your behalf.

• Upvote 2