You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) Premier League 16/10/22 - 16:30

Bjornebye

Today was fucking great.

More of this please, reds.

OK it wasn't always pretty - we had to dig in spend time under it, but that is to be expectwd against them - especially when we had a defence with the changes we had.

But we held our shape, we worked our bollocks off, we were disciplined, we concentrated and we always had a bit of threat about us too.

We deserved what we got in the end.

The spineless, gutless shite that we see from teams against them all too often could learn a lot from watching us today - yes they are very good, but if you work hard against them, if you put a shift in and show some balls too, you can get joy - you can shut them out as well.

We did both today - really well.

One thing that may serve us well from today even in the games we are expected to be on front foot in is we were much more compact and solid....even when we attacked we were not as kamikazee with players all over the shop and out of position/leaving huge uncovered gaps - we were just more measured and calmer and disciplined.

Time to kick on now - our league season started proper today.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Today was fucking great.

More of this please, reds.

OK it wasn't always pretty - we had to dig in spend time under it, but that is to be expectwd against them - especially when we had a defence with the changes we had.

But we held our shape, we worked our bollocks off, we were disciplined, we concentrated and we always had a bit of threat about us too.

We deserved what we got in the end.

The spineless, gutless shite that we see from teams against them all too often could learn a lot from watching us today - yes they are very good, but if you work hard against them, if you put a shift in and show some balls too, you can get joy - you can shut them out as well.

We did both today - really well.

One thing that may serve us well from today even in the games we are expected to be on front foot in is we were much more compact and solid....even when we attacked we were not as kamikazee with players all over the shop and out of position/leaving huge uncovered gaps - we were just more measured and calmer and disciplined.

Time to kick on now - our league season started proper today.

I noticed in the first half that our lines were compact and in sync.

I think the main reason we got the job done was the concentration and focus all through. We also looked confident and didn't let them assert any authority on the game. That last bit is key as they get their own way so often and don't respond well to pressure and physicality. 

19 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

It's true I'm a cunt, but I'm not going to fuck off, sorry!

Nice. 

Seeing the words you’ve chosen to use in the heat of the moment upset loads of people and and thinking “do you know what, fuck em” is quite the move.

classy lad.

8 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

MOTD commentator called foul on both fabinho and Alisson, then the presenter confirmed that VAR would have disallowed it for the foul on Alisson too if it hadn't been a foul on Fab...a far cry from the cunts on sky

MOTD who decided and actually said  they didn't have time to talk about the foul on Salah that incensed Klopp into his red card. 

Quite a talking point in a match and they don't even discuss. Ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Nice. 

Seeing the words you’ve chosen to use in the heat of the moment upset loads of people and and thinking “do you know what, fuck em” is quite the move.

classy lad.

Did I say that though?  As in 'fuck em', no. But, no point arguing about it.  I said what I said and it was wrong.  Like I said, I'm a cunt, therefore not classy at all.

5 hours ago, niallers said:

1 of the most biased refereeing performances I've seen in a long time. He's a disgrace. And I hope jota is just cramp but it doesn't look good. We can't even 100% enjoy it after that and that CUNT ref.

I'm fuming and delighted in equal measure. 

Great heart and game intelligence for once

Did anyone notice Klopp offered to shake his hand after the game but Taylor wouldn't and stormed straight down the tunnel.

Sulking fucking cheating corrupt Manc cunt.

• Upvote 6