You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) Premier League 16/10/22 - 16:30

Bjornebye

Just now, Mark M said:

Since Klopp has come in we're definelty up there with one of the more vocal benches I'd say in the league - Klopp - Pep etc.

Not to mention Hendo / Robbo. Passive is not a description I'd associate us with under Klopp.

The amount of teams that have beef with us because Klopp has rubbed people up the wrong way.

Burnely & Dyche used to hate us.

Generally I meant the players on the pitch and the club as a whole defending our name. 

Even though Hendo and Robbo may give some verbals I don't see them doing any of the rest. 

As I said, overall, it probably is a classier response. Last season I would have been saying every week if I were Jurgen "We have no chance, City won't blow a 14 point lead". The fact he didn't though as I say shows he is probably a better man than me! 

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I'm surprised nothing had been said about the chanting about Foden's mum, which was disgraceful by the way.

I didn't hear that. 

We cannot be hypocrites. Personally anyone throwing coins (if they did) should be banned/fined. Fans singing about his mum shouldnt be condoned or those attacking the bus.

I would have no problem with the club doing that while, without trying to use it in anyway to condone it, calling on City to do the equivalent with their fans. 

14 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Aye, I suppose I admire him more for it overall. 

Sometimes just frustrating to see these guys use these tactics and instead of being pulled up for it get a benefit from the refs. 

In an ideal world the refs would be booking players for dissent/ungentlemanly conduct but 9 times out of 10 they get influenced by it. 

Jürgen's a better man than me, I would have been telling the players to keep nibbling at Silva at 1-0. 

Yes me too . If ‘ nibbling’ means trying to snap the little fucker. And repped for using the term ‘ungentlemanly conduct.’  Reminds me of reading Match magazine.

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I never heard that. What was it?

Along the lines of being a slightly rotund person with loose sexual morals.

There's enough to give the lad stick about, just look at him for christ sake, looks like a startled mannequin. Resorting to chants about family etc is not on, we should be and are better than that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Along the lines of being a slightly rotund person with loose sexual morals.

There's enough to give the lad stick about, just look at him for christ sake, looks like a startled mannequin. Resorting to chants about family etc is not on, we should be and are better than that.

The only way his mum should figure in any songs about him is in connection with the pudding bowl she cuts his hair with.

• Upvote 2

Unpleasant songs about a player's ma shouldn’t really be used to try and justify songs about tragedy and dead, unlawfully killed people. Not that I’m accusing anyone on here of doing that. But, I’ve seen the Foden’s ma song invoked in such a way by some people/City fans. 

It’s a slightly unpleasant song. But, anymore unpleasant than songs about feeding scousers, unemployment and poverty? They’re on the same level, for me. So, City fans can fuck off moaning. We’ve had bile chucked at us for years. It’s typical that the pearl clutching suddenly starts when we bite back a bit. 

It’s all a load of bollocks though. Go the game, sing songs that are mainly about the team you support. Rib the opposition for football reasons and a bit of regional/geographical stick. The lowering of class and standards displayed by some match attending fans is just a bit depressing. And proper shite. 

The problem with the shite songs, coin throwing and bus attacking (if it actually was true) is, in my opinion, not just that it is classless and shit but the escalation. Imagine Anfield being shut down for 3 games, city cunts chucking coins at Klopp and god forbid him getting hit in the eye or innocent away fans being attacked.

14 minutes ago, A Red said:

The problem with the shite songs, coin throwing and bus attacking (if it actually was true) is, in my opinion, not just that it is classless and shit but the escalation. Imagine Anfield being shut down for 3 games, city cunts chucking coins at Klopp and god forbid him getting hit in the eye or innocent away fans being attacked.

City so offended by this that they’ve not reported it to the police…

0D370D0F-C962-4414-8D6C-29C9116602FA.jpeg

Our allocation at the Ethiad next year will likely be reduced again. 

Hopefully we get them in the CL and ban them. 

Watching a recording of the game just now confirms my belief that the narrative being peddled that Taylor 'let a lot go' for both sides is utter bullshit. The only blatant foul I could see committed by us in the whole game was a clear shove by Milner on Silva ... in the 65th minute.... and other than Jota leaving a bit on Akanji, nothing of note thereafter. He let City get away with loads, and how Bernard the Rat didn't get a booking is only something  Taylor can answer. Apart from the rugby tc]ackle on Mo, he also left his studs high on Jota just before half time - but of course, we don't tend to make much of stuff like that, unlike plenty of others. There was also that shithouse shoulder into THiago's face (Rodri) and how it took 78 minutes for Akanji to get booked, jeez.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

City so offended by this that they’ve not reported it to the police…

0D370D0F-C962-4414-8D6C-29C9116602FA.jpeg

Our allocation at the Ethiad next year will likely be reduced again. 

Hopefully we get them in the CL and ban them. 

No incidents reported or that items were thrown at the coaches. Looks like city stoking it up a bit, like I say all this does is escalate things.