You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Not sure he was too unlucky tonight. Should have scored the pen and the header.
Did well on the other shots but would expect a keeper to save the ones he touched on to post and bar.

Great assist for Diaz, and good all round forward play otherwise.

This

He didn't hit the bar 4 times at all, he is the woodwork twice and twice the keeper pushed the shot onto the posts. 

The penalty miss is unlucky and he should have buried the header. Overall though he has been excellent

He's trying to be too accurate, give the keeper absolutely no chance of a save and put the ball right in the top corner or just inside the post, hence all the woodwork he's been hitting.

Just keep doing what you're doing young man and you'll come good.

The kid's a star.

• Upvote 1

Has to be highlighted how fluid his movement with the ball has been compared to how he was, not taking too many touches, he knows what he wants to do and backs himself. That's what we need to see. 

It'll come.

Just seen on MOTD that he's hit the woodwork 14 times and about 8 more than anyone else this season

I'd be happy if he never scored again if he played like tonight. Just get him off penalties for a bit for fuck sake. 

Him v. Thiago Silva was such a hilarious mismatch. For a player who already finds a lot of opportunities to shoot, he was like a kid in a candy store tonight. The young bull playing against an actual old man.

The pen was pure stupidity, the rest Ill go with he was unlucky.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Just seen on MOTD that he's hit the woodwork 14 times and about 8 more than anyone else this season

I'd be happy if he never scored again if he played like tonight. Just get him off penalties for a bit for fuck sake. 

Apparently he has scored 12 out of 12 pens before tonight, that said I had no confidence when he stepped up (not because I have no faith in him, I just knew luck would be against him). 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ashberry said:

I remember Suarez hitting the woodwork an obscene amount of times when he first joined. It then clicked and the rest is history. When Darwin consistently turns these shots into goals he will become one hell of a player.

I was saying the same thing tonight. I remember that 12/13 season Suarez hit the bar about 10-12 times. The next season is when he went supernova.

All I'm saying is, watch out next season, he could score 30.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I was saying the same thing tonight. I remember that 12/13 season Suarez hit the bar about 10-12 times. The next season is when he went supernova.

All I'm saying is, watch out next season, he could score 30.

People said that after last season. I think he is what he is. Maybe he matures and has a few great seasons but it looks like he might always be a bit streaky. It is what it is, if he's playing like he is and the other forwards are prolific not a big issue. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

I remember him hitting the woodwork 3 times? The pen, the header, the left foot shot the keeper saved.

When was the fourth time? My stream was shit.

He hit one from outside the box that the keeper tipped onto the top of the crossbar

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

I remember him hitting the woodwork 3 times? The pen, the header, the left foot shot the keeper saved.

When was the fourth time? My stream was shit.

2vsaves from the keeper, one the drive in the first half where the ball swerved and the keeper tipped it on the bar and then the shot on his left that he tipped onto the post. Think it's silly anyone saying he hit the post with them, he didn't he hit the target and they were saved 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

People said that after last season. I think he is what he is. Maybe he matures and has a few great seasons but it looks like he might always be a bit streaky. It is what it is, if he's playing like he is and the other forwards are prolific not a big issue. 

This is a big issue.

2Q==(20).jpg

22 minutes ago, A_S said:

He hit one from outside the box that the keeper tipped onto the top of the crossbar

Oh yeah, that was boss, didn’t realise it skimmed the bar but I remember we got a corner.

Probably already been addressed but Jim Beglin was a proper cunt again. He hasn’t got a clue. 

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

This

He didn't hit the bar 4 times at all, he is the woodwork twice and twice the keeper pushed the shot onto the posts. 

The penalty miss is unlucky and he should have buried the header. Overall though he has been excellent

If he had slipped and hit the post or missed the goal completely it would have been bad luck, but hitting the post/bar or to miss the goal completely with a penalty is not bad luck, its just shite. 

It can happen to everyone, but you have 18,0072 m2 to aim for. 

Rule number 1 when it comes to taking a penalty is very simple, hit your shot inside the posts, if not you can never score. 

IMG_9929.jpeg