You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

At this point you ride or die with him, he needs to be playing every minute he can to try and get something out of him, Firmino might be getting goals but Klopp's put everything on Nunez so he has to make it work.

Exactly. It’s not like he’s a £7m punt. He needs to work for us but he’s not even trusted to play. 

It's still such a small sample size to judge this lad on, but the early signs are worrying. His style of play looks alien to us and he's not trusted with the minutes yet to try and adapt. 

He's taking pelters on social media and seems to be very thin-skinned. We should be concerned about this lad. 

Not sure why people are saying he needs to start. It's bizzare. We play a completely unique system to most clubs. There's been countless players we've bought who have taken months or even a full season to adjust to our system. Nunez shouldn't be starting at all, until he adjusts and we can use him better.

The more worrying thing about him is the lack of any kind of skillset shown so far, I can't think of any moments (yet) where I've thought, ah I get it, he's good at this or that. Hopefully he settles and we get to see some of the moments he showed against us in the Champions League but based on what we've seen so far, he shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11.

I'm more concerned that he's probably not showing it in training yet either and that's why Klopps not giving him many minutes. 

• Upvote 1

He doesn't seem the kind of player for our system, he looked very much a counter attacking player. If we want him to change then why buy him, he's struggling with his own skill set without forming new ones. I'd play him every game because he needs to play but I'd also change how we play even if that's a 4231 anything to make us harder to break down.

9 minutes ago, Jennings said:

That's not how Kloppo played it with Robbo. Maybe there's similar reasons.

I think the colossal transfer fee makes it a very different situation. It’s £7m vs £70m. The more he doesn’t play, the more pressure on him to perform in the few minutes he gets.

I think we’ve handled his integration badly. Looked really good before his stupid sending off and we’ve barely used him since.

Anyway, surely he starts at home against Rangers and surely he scores.

17 minutes ago, Jennings said:

That's not how Kloppo played it with Robbo. Maybe there's similar reasons.

Didn't Robbo only come in when Alberto Morono got injured, and then held his place from then on?

Maybe Nunez will have to wait for an injury - though, as a forward, this is less likely than if he was a midfielder.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think the colossal transfer fee makes it a very different situation. It’s £7m vs £70m. The more he doesn’t play, the more pressure on him to perform in the few minutes he gets.

I think we’ve handled his integration badly. Looked really good before his stupid sending off and we’ve barely used him since.

Anyway, surely he starts at home against Rangers and surely he scores.

He might not start against rangers. I think there's every chance the front 3 will be Diaz, Jota and Salah. It's arsenal at the weekend and Jota scares the life out of them, so I would think klopp will want him to have some minutes and confidence. 

50 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He doesn't seem the kind of player for our system, he looked very much a counter attacking player. If we want him to change then why buy him, he's struggling with his own skill set without forming new ones. I'd play him every game because he needs to play but I'd also change how we play even if that's a 4231 anything to make us harder to break down.

None of them do at the minute 

10 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Don’t you all think there’s a reason he’s played so little football? Klopp’s lack of faith in him is pretty telling. I don’t recall Mo or Mane being used so sparingly when they first arrived.

Some of it was if his own making. We've had 7 league games. He was suspended for 3 of them. He started 2 of them. He's come off the bench in another 2, although if we hadn't have conceded the 3rd yesterday, I doubt he would have come on. I think the stop start nature of the season both for him and the team make it seem far worse that it is. He'll get minutes, but right now Jota is closer to helping us than he is, so Jota will get the minutes. No doubt as the season progresses firmino will start less (he's started both games when Nunez has been used as a sub) and Nunez will get more time.