You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

5 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Is this going to be like a really quick version of the Diaz deal where we let Arsenal do the groundwork and then nip in at 22:20????

Surely anyone agreeing a few now won't be able to do a medical at this stage? Normally on these deadline days you hear shit like the player is having a medical pending the clubs agreeing a fee. There's none of that with Luiz. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Surely anyone agreeing on a few now won't be able to do a medical at this stage? Normally on these deadline days, you hear shit like the player is having a medical pending the clubs agreeing on a fee. There's none of that with Luiz. 

At this time of the day, it would probably be a loan with a mandatory fee to sign during the next transfer window, that way a medical would be a bit less of a necessity 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Surely anyone agreeing a few now won't be able to do a medical at this stage? Normally on these deadline days you hear shit like the player is having a medical pending the clubs agreeing a fee. There's none of that with Luiz. 

We sacked our doctor so we don't need to worry about that! Some 4D thinking/cost saving going on there!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I never understood why Barca swapped Arthur for Pjanic, baffling transfer. Arthur looked good every time I saw him for Barca so I'd be happy to have him here as short-term cover for the midfield crocks.

It was just to cook the books. It worked for Barcelona and Juventus on that front.

33 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Brought up in Hammersmith apparently, knew she supported Juventus and was an Uber cunt.

Every time I see her on telly she literally knows fuck all about football. She just talks about it like it's an opera and uses loads of weird analogies that make no sense. 

She bigs up every bang average Italian player as well. 

7 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Neat and tidy player, good on the ball and won't shit himself in possession. Has experience of playing at the highest level so in that sense it's not a bad signing at all for us.

He's not the type of player we need, but he's actually a good player, so atleast we've got someone in.

I actually think he's exactly the sort of player we need. Someone that's good in possession, tenacious enough to win the ball back and basically not remotely like Henderson and Milner. The big issue is if he's fit enough to start playing immediately and (although I don't like agreeing with Ballbag) whether he can adapt to the pace of the PL quickly enough that our fans won't get on his back.

4 hours ago, etho said:

Also if he can thread a pass. Part of the difficulty we have with Henderson and Milner when we have loads of possession is that's not their strength, hendo would sooner go backwards or take an extra second to try and execute a long/through ball than back himself to play the difficult ball that plays through the lines, and it makes us alot easier to play against.

He can. The rest of you post is unfortunately spot on as well.

3 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Looks like a good ball player, technically very good and good in possession. Can’t be any worse than Henderson Milner combo.

Yep, good at shielding the ball. Will probably be the recipient of some sumptuos tackles early on before he understands that the refs in England are the worst in the world though.

54 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I never understood why Barca swapped Arthur for Pjanic, baffling transfer. Arthur looked good every time I saw him for Barca so I'd be happy to have him here as short-term cover for the midfield crocks.

Yeah, pure book-cooking exercise as many have said. He suited Barca pretty well I thought, Pjanic was half the player that Arthur was at the time.

4 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Every time I see her on telly she literally knows fuck all about football. She just talks about it like it's an opera and uses loads of weird analogies that make no sense. 

She bigs up every bang average Italian player as well. 

This. Said Salah would not make it here, daft bint.

4 hours ago, an tha said:

"We need bodies"

Yes.

But not ones to join the usual suspects in the treatment room.

Have you seen this lads injury record?

Last time he played was May.

I don't mind, it's chaos theory, 1 of him, Keita, Ox or Thiago just needs to be for at any one time. If we signed someone with no injuries then the chances are he'd still get injured.  It's just another body, the rest is upto luck.