You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

15 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I don't mind, it's chaos theory, 1 of him, Keita, Ox or Thiago just needs to be for at any one time. If we signed someone with no injuries then the chances are he'd still get injured.  It's just another body, the rest is upto luck. 

I'm not sure if Keita will play for us again I think he's in Klopps bad books.

Don't get the hostility towards the Arthur deal.

Makes sense to me, actually. Especially if the alternative was Douglas Luiz! All everyone's been complaining about is that we need to bring forward the deal for Bellingham, we need someone in immediately, etc. If we absolutely can't do that because the selling club won't do the deal, then it makes much more sense to bring a Plan B (or even C) signing in on loan than to spend 20m on someone we really don't want that much.

If it's just "bring in a warm body who is of average PL standard to hold the fort down until next summer" then a loan is logical. Douglas Luiz would have cost 20m + wages for the next 4-5 years, possibly limiting who we can target next summer. The Arthur deal doesn't.

He's about as good as Luiz, more or less, which is to say he's about the same level as Oxlade-Chamberlain when he's not crocked. Average league player, more or less. So he's fine to have on the bench or to play 1500 minutes to give Thiago and Keita a rest now and then, and then we have no long-term commitment to him past this season. It reduces our "floor" of potential results and though it doesn't raise our "ceiling" much, that's fine.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Don't get the hostility towards the Arthur deal.

Makes sense to me, actually. Especially if the alternative was Douglas Luiz! All everyone's been complaining about is that we need to bring forward the deal for Bellingham, we need someone in immediately, etc. If we absolutely can't do that because the selling club won't do the deal, then it makes much more sense to bring a Plan B (or even C) signing in on loan than to spend 20m on someone we really don't want that much.

If it's just "bring in a warm body who is of average PL standard to hold the fort down until next summer" then a loan is logical. Douglas Luiz would have cost 20m + wages for the next 4-5 years, possibly limiting who we can target next summer. The Arthur deal doesn't.

He's about as good as Luiz, more or less, which is to say he's about the same level as Oxlade-Chamberlain when he's not crocked. Average league player, more or less. So he's fine to have on the bench or to play 1500 minutes to give Thiago and Keita a rest now and then, and then we have no long-term commitment to him past this season. It reduces our "floor" of potential results and though it doesn't raise our "ceiling" much, that's fine.

Disagree with that. Arthur and Luiz are essentially the opposite. One is someone who would offer an average level of consistency and would be available most of the time (Luiz), the other is essentially a boom or bust risk (Arthur). There is a decent chance Arthur gives us absolutely nothing, and a small chance he might actually raise our level a bit because of his quality. Luiz would just be sort of there.

But you're right that the reason we're picking Arthur is because there is no commitment, whereas there is one with Luiz. 

19 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Give Keita a rest? We can't even get the cunt on the pitch. All he does is rest it's his best position.

• Upvote 1

Fuck are Arsenal getting all this cash from... where is everyone getting all this cash from were fucking Grouch living in the bin on Sesame Street here, prize money  tv money, barely spending shit year after year and we are still in the bin watching big bird on his new fucking roller blades whiz by.. what's going on. 

The one ITK on twitter that seems to have gotten pretty much everything right for a while now has said we are trying to sign one more before the window closes.

John - get on your fucking yacht and bring home Nabil Fekir* and all will be forgotten. Right the wrongs of the past.

(*FWIW this is purely an emotional desire as I don't think he's what we need. But I wanted us to buy him for a year before we nearly did and I couldn't believe it fell through at the last minute!)

Just now, FrenchEyeGlass said:

The one ITK on twitter that seems to have gotten pretty much everything right for a while now has said we are trying to sign one more before the window closes.

John - get on your fucking yacht and bring home Nabil Fekir* and all will be forgotten. Right the wrongs of the past.

(*FWIW this is purely an emotional desire as I don't think he's what we need. But I wanted us to buy him for a year before we nearly did and I couldn't believe it fell through at the last minute!)

And who would this great oracle be?

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

And who would this great oracle be?

Jose enrique

Definitely somebody who knows fuck all to be honest, just trying to distract myself from the depression of Melo starting against Everton after not playing a single game of competitive football this year: https://twitter.com/LFCApproved 

Just to re-iterate, he absolutely knows fuck all, I'm just still broken from Fekir dreams.