You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't understand that bit in bold. 

Klopp wants those who back themselves to become the best, and earn new bumper deals once they come here. Fabinho, VVD, Alisson etc. If you're a youngster like Bellingham, or from a lesser league like Diaz, you're going to be on a lower rung and have to work towards that status.

Look at Sancho at Utd. If he wasn't on a ridiculous wedge, he probably wouldn't be starting games. 

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

If we commit to trying out 4-2-3-1, James Maddison could be a moneyball option for that 10 role. 12 goals and 8 assists last season in the league.

Firmino, Elliott, Carvalho, Jones... I think we're covered. 

We'll certainly give Elliott, Carvalho & Jones a chance before looking elsewhere.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If I recall, Chamberlain banked a lot of minutes in the 1st half of the season. He didn't much get involved the 2nd half.

Yeah...well sort of - he played more in 1st half of season, but even then not really all that much.

Only played 217 mins in league from Jan 1st 2022 - last of those mins came on Feb 19th.

He played 570 mins in league in period before Jan.

Interestingly even in that first half of season he never played 90 mins for us in league.

He featured in all 6 of our european cup group games - then did not get a minute in any of the knockout stages....His only 90 mins came in last group game away v AC Milan.

He featured in 2 of our 6 FA Cup games...was left out of squad altogether for other 4.....He played 90 mins once v Norwich.

In League Cup he featured in first 4 games - playing 90 mins 3 times - but failed to feature in last 2.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/143424/plus/0?saison=2021&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah...well sort of - he played more in 1st half of season, but even then not really all that much.

Only played 217 mins in league from Jan 1st 2022 - last of those mins came on Feb 19th.

He played 570 mins in league in period before Jan.

Interestingly even in that first half of season he never played 90 mins for us in league.

He featured in all 6 of our european cup group games - then did not get a minute in any of the knockout stages....His only 90 mins came in last group game away v AC Milan.

He featured in 2 of our 6 FA Cup games...was left out of squad altogether for other 4.....He played 90 mins once v Norwich.

In League Cup he featured in first 4 games - playing 90 mins 3 times - but failed to feature in last 2.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/143424/plus/0?saison=2021&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

And it's still more than taki! 

18 minutes ago, aRdja said:

If we commit to trying out 4-2-3-1, James Maddison could be a solid moneyball option for that 10 role. That’s his best position, and he scored 12 goals and provided 8 assists last season in the league.

It is on.

Here he is telling Oxlade just how much his mrs would enjoy living in Leicester and Hendo offering to help him move.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/06/21/jordan-henderson-and-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-spotted-training-with-fellow-pl-midfielder-during-pre-pre-season/amp/

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

He is a waste of a wage - and need bin bagging....Surely there is a buyer out there for him.

Honestly, I think it's questionable if he even wants to move. He must know how much that injury took out of him. There's a question probably only he knows, can his body survive if he goes somewhere and needs to play every week. And then there's the stuff we can see with our eyes, that he's a championship level player now. If you were another PL club, what would you see in Chamberlain to make you want to stick a 4 year contract in front of him, plus another 10m to buy him, effectively costing you 2.5m for every year he's at the club. That's out of the price range of championship clubs. And the only PL club it could potentially appeal to imo would be Newcastle to bring him in for some experience and add squad depth. But then for Chamberlain, he's just replacing one bench for another. I think it will just suit him and any future club to get him next season for free - you could see a PL team taking a chance with a 2 year deal or something and no fee. 

42 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Honestly, I think it's questionable if he even wants to move. He must know how much that injury took out of him. There's a question probably only he knows, can his body survive if he goes somewhere and needs to play every week. And then there's the stuff we can see with our eyes, that he's a championship level player now. If you were another PL club, what would you see in Chamberlain to make you want to stick a 4 year contract in front of him, plus another 10m to buy him, effectively costing you 2.5m for every year he's at the club. That's out of the price range of championship clubs. And the only PL club it could potentially appeal to imo would be Newcastle to bring him in for some experience and add squad depth. But then for Chamberlain, he's just replacing one bench for another. I think it will just suit him and any future club to get him next season for free - you could see a PL team taking a chance with a 2 year deal or something and no fee. 

Sadly probably yeah...Just hope that we can find a club daft enough to take him now and we can free up the wage that we waste paying him and make use of the waste of space he is in the squad.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Maddison would break the “no knobheads” rule.

Plus he’s not that good.

Depends on the price, I don't think he's that bad. A half decent creative midfielder is something we should definitely be looking in to. 

And even though he's a knobhead I don't think he's any worse than Robbo. You need a bit of snide sometimes. As long as Milner has a word and tells him to shave his stupid beard off then he should be alright. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Depends on the price, I don't think he's that bad. A half decent creative midfielder is something we should definitely be looking in to. 

And even though he's a knobhead I don't think he's any worse than Robbo. You need a bit of snide sometimes. As long as Milner has a word and tells him to shave his stupid beard off then he should be alright. 

With 2 years left on his deal I would imagine you would be looking at £50m for him as Leicester will demand top dollar for one of their better players.

Think there is better value on the market.

17 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Completely different types of nobhead though mate. Robbo is one of the soundest fellas in the game, zero arrogance and goes out of his way to do things for people. He just fights for everything on the pitch which is why away fans hate him.

Maddison is a cocky arrogant little fart and he isn't even that good. Certainly not good enough to be arrogant. At least Vardy can back up being a cunt by being shit hot at his job. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

He just looks an arsenal player.

Yep, they have been signing these milky bar kids for years now! Won't be long before Saka and Martinelli begin to question their future..idea that these guys are going to hang around under lego head as be builds an empire is laughable. Every team in league knows that if you pop a challenge in on a few of them they will melt....

This fcking Arteta got away with murder last year, best chance in years to make top 4

• Upvote 1