You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, Mcfaggen said:

Conor Bradley going on loan to Bolton Wanderers apparently.  

Confirmed on the offal.

Hopefully it turns out to be a good move for Conor.

Just had a look at Bolton's results and lineups at the back end of last season - they switched formations a fair bit, playing 4-4-2 or 3-4-3. They won 5, drew 4 and lost 1 of their last 10 games last season.

4 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Not sure it's a great deal. £12.9m guaranteed. Feels a bit low when you think what £13m buys you these days.

All towards the pot I suppose though.

We'd have snatched someone's hand off at half of that 12 months ago, we couldn't give him away. He cost 7.5m, helped us win 2 cups and we make a little profit. Maybe we could have got more, but it seems to suit everyone for him to move on. And while I imagine Monaco don't want to match his wages, he probably won't be paying any tax, so it's all good for us. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah 'spose. I'd not counted Diaz as an incoming but he is, really.

I look at it 3 in 3 out. But klopp now has 2 forwards he actually wants to use, where as he never really wanted to play big div or minamino. So it will mean we'll go into next season with 5 forwards we can rotate through the CL & PL, where as this time last year it was 4. 

It's why I'd have been happy had Chamberlain and milner left this summer and we got a Diaz stature for midfield. Klopp has little interest in playing Chamberlain, and milner gets less minutes by the year. 

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

Maybe it is just because follow us and our news so it seems like it is so, but there really does always seem to be more stuff in news about us and wages/not wanting to pay/spend than there is other big clubs.

A lot of it is probably down to the colossal number of supporters we have, which is increasing exponentially under Klopp. News about us gets traction, so they delve into all the contract/wages stuff when there's nothing else. 

There was wall to wall Nunez stuff over the last fortnight and very little about Haaland, from what I saw, which is pretty hilarious. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, an tha said:

Maybe it is just because follow us and our news so it seems like it is so, but there really does always seem to be more stuff in news about us and wages/not wanting to pay/spend than there is other big clubs.

Gets views,sells papers. 

Oh and we are the one big club that appears not want to get involved when paying wages. 

23 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

so-it-begins-raining.gif

Screenshot_20220621-222528_Twitter.jpg

It's like in their desperation to get the message out there that we won't be buying anyone this summer the briefed journos have linked us too closely to one particular player (Bellingham) and now they are trying to reduce the expectation that we actually get him.

5 minutes ago, HBenn said:

It's like in their desperation to get the message out there that we won't be buying anyone this summer the briefed journos have linked us too closely to one particular player (Bellingham) and now they are trying to reduce the expectation that we actually get him.

I'm surprised anyone believed we would get him. It was always going to be a 80/90ml fee and nearly 200k a week to get that deal done as everyone would have been in for him. 

I'm not arsed if we don't get him as I've not seen enough to suggest he's close to worth that fee. He would need to ha e a Gerrard level career to justify that

16 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A lot of it is probably down to the colossal number of supporters we have, which is increasing exponentially under Klopp. News about us gets traction, so they delve into all the contract/wages stuff when there's nothing else. 

There was wall to wall Nunez stuff over the last fortnight and very little about Haaland, from what I saw, which is pretty hilarious. 

Yeah, but they originally announced haaland on the last week of the PL season, he just signed last week for ally to be on the anniversary of his dad signing for city. And I'm sure he'd signed, they just hadn't announced it.

And the other top teams don't have as much about wages, because that is less of an issue for them. This Bellingham thing has been a joke all along. We were no more likely to get him than we were Sancho, haaland or mbappe.