You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

1 hour ago, John102 said:

Why don't people like Khan? There may be something that I've forgotten but I can't think of anything. Always been in exciting fights too before getting chinned. 

I think he comes across like a right arrogant nobhead. All that cheating on his mrs etc. Also running some fella over years back (ok it was an accident, the fella died two years later) then thinking its ok to stream himself driving around Bolton over xmas and doing 140 up a motorway. 

I'm sure Brook isn't perfect, most of us aren't. I just don't like him. Talented fighter when his head is right though. 

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

FFS Hagler hasn’t even been dead a year and they’re wheeling his corpse out for another fight. Sky are really scraping the barrel here.

Hahaha. They've just had The Pointer Sisters murdering the Star Spangled Banner and all. 

2 hours ago, John102 said:

Why don't people like Khan? There may be something that I've forgotten but I can't think of anything. Always been in exciting fights too before getting chinned. 

I don’t mind him but I still haven’t forgiven him for that Prescott fight. At the time a load of us used to go back home after the pub when there was PPV boxing on and we’d all chip in to buy the fights. A lot of the PPV’s were around 4am. Nobody else wanted to even leave the boozer for Khan vs Prescott but around that time he was the only fighter in the world who I’d seen in every single professional fight. 

Not only did I have to persuade everyone to leave the pub, I also stumped up the entire PPV fee myself (only £15, but it was the principle) only for him to get starched in under a minute. I got laughed at for that for ages. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I don’t mind him but I still haven’t forgiven him for that Prescott fight. At the time a load of us used to go back home after the pub when there was PPV boxing on and we’d all chip in to buy the fights. A lot of the PPV’s were around 4am. Nobody else wanted to even leave the boozer for Khan vs Prescott but around that time he was the only fighter in the world who I’d seen in every single professional fight. 

Not only did I have to persuade everyone to leave the pub, I also stumped up the entire PPV fee myself (only £15, but it was the principle) only for him to get starched in under a minute. I got laughed at for that for ages. 

Hahahaha. See. He's a bastard 

38 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just had a look and I think of his 39 fights, I've seen 35 and at least 30 of them live on TV. A more damning indictment of my social life for the last 15 years, I could not imagine.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I think he comes across like a right arrogant nobhead. All that cheating on his mrs etc. Also running some fella over years back (ok it was an accident, the fella died two years later) then thinking its ok to stream himself driving around Bolton over xmas and doing 140 up a motorway. 

I'm sure Brook isn't perfect, most of us aren't. I just don't like him. Talented fighter when his head is right though. 

I don't like Khan at all. I never heard about that, assumed you'd mixed it up with Prince Naseem.

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/boxer-amir-khan-blamed-for-drink-death-of-broken-man-steel-worker-he-ran-down-in-sports-car-7294519.html?amp

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just watching the gloves are off here.... close your eyes it sounds like Norris Cole and Marlon Dingle are having an argument over FIFA online 

It was a weird dynamic. There didn't seem much hatred, just like two mates that are pissed up arguing over random shite.

45 minutes ago, Elite said:

It was a weird dynamic. There didn't seem much hatred, just like two mates that are pissed up arguing over random shite.

Yeah agreed. I expected it to be more explosive. Possibly the shittest Gloves Are Off I've seen. Froch v Groves 2 was my favourite. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah agreed. I expected it to be more explosive. Possibly the shittest Gloves Are Off I've seen. Froch v Groves 2 was my favourite. 

Groves really got under Froch's skin, not that it did him much good come fight night!

The Whyte v Chisora one was brilliant. "Who's the donkey." It was hilarious seeing how those roided up bouncers were swatted aside like they were little boys when it all kicked off.

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

Groves really got under Froch's skin, not that it did him much good come fight night!

The Whyte v Chisora one was brilliant. "Who's the donkey." It was hilarious seeing how those roided up bouncers were swatted aside like they were little boys when it all kicked off.

Froch wanted to cry he was that angry. 

Hahaha yeah, fuck getting between them two.