You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Was it something like  bejing red4lyf?

I remember him saying something like "sir booby Charlton will be looking down from heaven with tears in his eyes"

"Sir Bobby isn't dead"

"That's right he lives on in all our hearts"

'they should never of sack Sir Alec'

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Was it something like  bejing red4lyf?

I remember him saying something like "sir booby Charlton will be looking down from heaven with tears in his eyes"

"Sir Bobby isn't dead"

"That's right he lives on in all our hearts"

'they should never of sack Sir Alec'

• Upvote 1

On 05/02/2022 at 21:12, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Worth a watch if you want 20 minutes of schadenfreude 

On a side note, I really like Goldbridge. He clearly knows what he's doing and leans into that persona. He's pure football Partridge.

That's brilliant that is. Fair play to him making a few quid and he's quite funny. Enjoyed the bit about Fred.

They really are in a tailspin. Reminiscent of us in our lowest moments, except they have spent more than City, which makes it all the funnier. 

My worry is they get in the Ajax coach or someone who has a vision and their fans are ready to support a project - going on what I'm hearing that seems to be where they are at now. 

13 hours ago, Anubis said:

That was him. My favourite was one irate Utd fan telling him to set himself on fire, and he posted a picture of the guy (who had really red blotchy skin) with the reply ‘like you did?’

He was fucking great. The week they signed Jaun Mata and he was cup tied for their next game in the fa cup, 

Red for lyf 'Where Mata? Why he refuse to play at cinema of dreams? 

Response, 'Mata's ineligible' 

Red for lyf 'I don't care where he gone, he should be on the pitch'

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Gotta laugh at #MaguireOut trending on Twitter. It seems they're finally seeing what was obvious all along.

Last minute of injury time at Burnley and Utd swing a corner in. Maguire tries to head it and somehow misses so that it bounces off the rear of his shoulder blade and out for a goal kick.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

And cost them loads too.

They're fucking shite at putting a performance together.  Lots of show ponies playing decent football in patches, sometimes for up to several minutes at a time.

They look, still, like a group of players that don't practice together. There are no routines, no obvious passing sequences; they still pass it around aimlessly waiting for someone to do something. Making it up as they go along.

Sancho might be a much better player than he looks now because of that--he thinks he has to do it all on his own, instead of being part of a system that creates space for him to use his skills effectively.

But he doesn't look anything special at this point.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

From what I've seen of Varane so far, he doesn't look like the sort of transformational signing that United thought he would be either. They clearly have major issues from the top to the bottom of the club.

It's fucking great.

There were loads in here wanking over Varane, saying he'd turn them into genuine contenders alongside Sancho and Ronaldo.

It was usually in the same post complaining about our apparent failings in the transfer market, and our subsequent surrender of any major trophies.

Here we are, 6 months into the season and still contenders in all 4 competitions, while United have sacked their manager and brought in a consultant to try and get them into the top 4.

Some of the aforementioned posters have changed their tune on the sly, and some have just kept their heads down.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, m0e said:

There were loads in here wanking over Varane, saying he'd turn them into genuine contenders alongside Sancho and Ronaldo.

It was usually in the same post complaining about our apparent failings in the transfer market, and our subsequent surrender of any major trophies.

Here we are, 6 months into the season and still contenders in all 4 competitions, while United have sacked their manager and brought in a consultant to try and get them into the top 4.

Some of the aforementioned posters have changed their tune on the sly, and some have just kept their heads down.

I get why people dislike FSG, and I do myself, and the frustration with their mingebag ways preventing Klopp from winning as much as he deserves.

But we should be (re-)learning by now that there a lot of good footballers in the world, and the real importance is having a quality manager picking players who fit into the team, no matter how much they cost or what their previous achievements were.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, m0e said:

Yeah but they were saying the same about Spurs and Arsenal

Haven't heard a Liverpool fan say a bad word against Rangnick, which is probably testament to him seeming a decent fella and them being absolutely no threat to us whatsoever. They're wonderfully irrelevant. They might make themselves relevant by getting a point or better against City in a few weeks' time, but I wouldn't be holding my breath. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Haven't heard a Liverpool fan say a bad word against Rangnick, which is probably testament to him seeming a decent fella and them being absolutely no threat to us whatsoever. They're wonderfully irrelevant. They might make themselves relevant by getting a point or better against City in a few weeks' time, but I wouldn't be holding my breath. 

City will batter Utd everywhere unfortunately. The last few years it's been clear their derby day edge has gone, they know they are nowhere near City but unlike Everton against us they don't seem to raise their game,the resignation from their fans in the ground is also their for all to see and that apathy will transfer itself onto the pitch, add to that most if not all their fans would rather City won the league instead of us.

I won't hold my breath but I think City are more prone to drop points where it's not expected.