You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I replied to your post. 

“It’s not a statement”. What is it? A quote? My point remains the same. 
You’re confronted by an accusation someone had beat and raped your daughter and you’re trying to find ‘a scenario where you claim he was part of the family???

I covered the "part of the family” bit in my post.

It’s not a statement. It’s a snippet of a conversation with a journalist. A conversation that we don’t know that much about. We should all be fully aware of the underhand practices that journalists adopt when people are dealing with traumatic news. Did they pressure him into giving a quote? Did they ask him for a quote over the phone and threaten to gather outside his house if he didn’t speak to them? If it was telephone contact, how many times had they called him? Were they constantly harassing him and he just wanted stop them from calling?

I don’t know enough to want to criticise him for giving an interview which contains ambiguous comments - the ambiguity being highlighted by different people on this forum giving different interpretations of what they thought he meant - and I think we should reserve our criticism for other people involved in this situation. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Fauci said:

I covered the "part of the family” bit in my post.

It’s not a statement. It’s a snippet of a conversation with a journalist. A conversation that we don’t know that much about. We should all be fully aware of the underhand practices that journalists adopt when people are dealing with traumatic news. Did they pressure him into giving a quote? Did they ask him for a quote over the phone and threaten to gather outside his house if he didn’t speak to them? If it was telephone contact, how many times had they called him? Were they constantly harassing him and he just wanted stop them from calling?

I don’t know enough to want to criticise him for giving an interview which contains ambiguous comments - the ambiguity being highlighted by different people on this forum giving different interpretations of what they thought he meant - and I think we should reserve our criticism for other people involved in this situation. 

And I repeat. 

Where is the fucking ‘conversation’ with a journalist when confronted with such a horrendous situation? 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

So 6am in the morning some journo calls you up and tells you he has ‘evidence’ of a famous footballer raping your daughter. 

Do you;

A: Immediately check on your daughter?

B: Tell him to fuck off?

C: Hang up on the cunt immediately?
D: Make some comment about him being part of the family? 

Yes that’s the bit I found odd, I know what my Dad would say in that position and it wouldn’t be D!

8 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Don’t be an aggressive prick. 

Its not about being an aggressive prick. 

Although I don’t doubt that the way I could come across. 

There’s just no scenario I can envisage where a ‘father’ would come out with that first answer. 

It’s just a massively fucked up situation and the poor cow is being forgotten in all of this. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

Its not about being an aggressive prick. 

Although I don’t doubt that the way I could come across. 

There’s just no scenario I can envisage where a ‘father’ would come out with that first answer. 

It’s just a massively fucked up situation and the poor cow is being forgotten in all of this. 

Fair to hold that view, but the aggression towards Nelly is misplaced. I’m both of the last couple of posts, in my opinion.

Got to really feel for the poor girl here. Thinking of her and all the other victims of dv around the world.

Greenwood had the potential to be world class, but clearly he's a very disturbed lad. Interesting, I looked at redcafe and one of them posted that his friend ran into the United academy several years ago in Spain and their behaviour was appalling. The worst was Greenwood. 

United would have wanted this covered up, but so would FSG if we are being honest. The difference is Jurgen wouldn't let him near the team if he did what he did and his wings would have been clipped long before anyhow. A lot of our team just seem like great lads. His shit would have been smoked out a long time ago here. 

• Upvote 2

Father: "I can't believe it. My wife and I are shocked. We took him into our home and treated him like one of the family. We are devastated for our daughter."

Doesn't look as bad there. It depends on the context and I wouldn't trust a lot of journalists to create the correct one

• Upvote 1

Just now, Razoray said:

Father: "I can't believe it. My wife and I are shocked. We took him into our home and treated him like one of the family. We are devastated for our daughter."

Doesn't look as bad there. It depends on the context and I wouldn't trust a lot of journalists to create the correct one

Yes I’m now wondering if that’s what he meant or some journo has shortened/changed it or something.

Anyway I think we can all agree Greenwood sounds a wrong un.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Razoray said:

'Scummy journalist selectively edits words from a sentence or sentences to change context and perspective' shocker!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

'Scummy journalist selectively edits words from a sentence or sentences to change context and perspective' shocker!

Haha I came here to say the exact same thing! Bottom feeding off bottom feeders. 

18 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I’d also be questioning if her father “told” MailOnline all this. 

Just off his own bat? Or was he asked a series of questions about Greenwood which were then reported as if he’d given a longer, unprompted account? 

For me, we don’t know enough to criticise the father. Was he close to tears when saying all this? Was he overwhelmed by the whole situation? 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

He thinks the criticism of the dad is wrong. 

I’ll never agree it is.

To me it’s a vile thought process. 

I get that, I just don’t think you need to react like he’s done wrong himself. No more needs saying though from me.

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Why was he saying anything?

Who knows. Definitely not you, or me, that’s for sure.

Loads of reasons exist though. Door stepped on his way out the house? Unsolicited phone call with his wits off guard? Maybe because he’s not clued up in dealing with the media and or spotlight and thought it was the right thing to do? Who knows. I just really don’t get the point in directing any anger towards him, a fella you know nothing about other than some print attributed to him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Who knows. Definitely not you, or me, that’s for sure.

Loads of reasons exist though. Door stepped on his way out the house? Unsolicited phone call with his wits off guard? Maybe because he’s not clued up in dealing with the media and or spotlight and thought it was the right thing to do? Who knows. I just really don’t get the point in directing any anger towards him, a fella you know nothing about other than some print attributed to him. 

What would your first reaction be on being confronted by rag journalist telling you your daughter had been raped? 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

What would your first reaction be on being confronted by rag journalist telling you your daughter had been raped? 

I’ve honestly no idea. I’d like to think I’d tell them to fuck off and then go about what I was doing, but maybe I’d blurt out answers to questions or maybe I’d thump them. I don’t know. But that’s not really relevant to what I was saying.

1 hour ago, Chocoholic said:

I should think that, as a supporter base, we're more familiar with this than anyone. You're a top lad @lifetime fan but i think you might be being a tad harsh on @Nelly-Fauci here. None of us know how he found out or what he said to the journo. All I know is that I wouldn't trust a journo. Anyway, shrup bickering you slags. 

• Upvote 2