You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Energy Prices

Captain Howdy

7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Despite the platitudes I maintain that very few, including politicians, have fully realised just how seismic this is going to be. Dickensian levels of poverty are right around the corner. It will be carnage the like of which none of us have ever seen. 

The current 'don't worry about it,we've got it covered'attitude of the government is borderline criminal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

I’ve seen a fair few small business owners tweeting about the increases they’re facing. 

I worry about my niece and her husband who have a coffee shop/ bistro.

They started from nothing and have put their hearts and souls into the business and were just about making a wage after paying overheads.

Then along came Covid which set them back and now this which I fear could finish them.

26 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Getting sick of this shit aswell

Seems to be the right wing response

Well you've not got it as bad as them so stop moaning. 

Screenshot_20220903-175433_Chrome.jpg

Aye.

Mad idea - humans should be able to both heat their homes and not get bombed to fuck in the year 2022.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Mandates??

I think it will be like the hosepipe ban but for gas use. No central heating until the temperature drops below a specified point, no heating pools, maybe restrictions on when you can use the cooker etc. Having imposed draconian restrictions during Covid alongside Furlough payments  I think ministers have got a taste for these sort of twin track solutions. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think it will be like the hosepipe ban but for gas use. No central heating until the temperature drops below a specified point, no heating pools, maybe restrictions on when you can use the cooker etc. Having imposed draconian restrictions during Covid alongside Furlough payments  I think ministers have got a taste for these sort of twin track solutions. 

So next Summer it will be all about how those who made the rules had heaters on at 5 celcius, when those who followed the rules had to follow the set threshold of 1 celcius. That's just unworkable as there is no trust in those who make these rules.

Rolling blackouts, blitz mentality, dig for victory, we're all in this together (while the fat cats and conservatives dine out on baby livers and champagne heating the wings of their estates they aren't even using, of maybe their stables, just for shits and giggles).

Everyone who votes for these cunts needs to have a serious re-think.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

So next Summer it will be all about how those who made the rules had heaters on at 5 celcius, when those who followed the rules had to follow the set threshold of 1 celcius. That's just unworkable as there is no trust in those who make these rules.

I think the difference this time will be the utilities can just turn the gas supply off to domestic consumers. It won’t be a choice.