You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ibrahima Konaté

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Some on here think he’s shit. Makes you wonder.

think we can safely say anyone who doesn’t rate him can be entirely ignored on any football related opinion

• Upvote 1

I text my mate and my Dad around 85 mins saying BBC were sucking Saliba’s cock all game but didn’t mention of Ibou who have been just as impressive…

…no continued mention and then somewhat randomly gets MOTM. 

Anyway, he was great today, especially without VVD next to him (although I thought Quansah was admirable as well). 

He has one of the hardest jobs in football playing as our RCB. Doesn't get any credit for it either. Constantly being dragged out wide,exposed and defending strikers and wingers one on one. Not many CBs like being dragged out of the centre or can deal with pace like he can 

• Upvote 1

Already a very good CB, definately top 10 in this league. Hardly ever beaten in the air, fast enough to keep up with almost any opponent, strong as a bull, well timed tackles and good close control. Positioning sometimes perhaps a bit questionable, but not a big problem and will probably improve with experience. His main weakness imo is long range passing, which is fairly important the way we play. But all in all he’s already an elite level CB ready for the biggest stage.

• 2 weeks later...