You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ibrahima Konaté

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Have I been asleep or has his passing had a dose of Peds? He's pinging it like Virgil, I don't remember him ever having the capability of doing that before. Last month or so he's like huge Xabi.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

Have I been asleep or has his passing had a dose of Peds? He's pinging it like Virgil, I don't remember him ever having the capability of doing that before. Last month or so he's like huge Xabi.

Jo Gomez has been at it too.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Kevin D said:

First time I’ve ever given MOTM to a CB who came one at half time.

Dominant.

Massively improved this season, just takes the ball back for fun.

Excellent CB, not many better in this league.

His long range passing however is still not very good imo. It’s not bad either, it’s probably what you’d expect from a CB. He’s not even remotely close to Van Dijk in that department. Van Dijks passes travel at twice the speed, which means they’re far more difficult for the opponent to get to, and they’re more accurate as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m starting to think we might have to consider moving him on.

He is a great player on his day, but how can we rely on a 24 year old that cant play more than a game a week at best. 

Just had a look at his stats, and just once in his career has he started more than 17 league games. 

Its a big, big worry this. How can we build a strong relationship at CB under such circumstances. 

IMG_0517.jpeg

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

I’m starting to think we might have to consider moving him on.

He is a great player on his day, but how can we rely on a 24 year old that cant play more than a game a week at best. 

Just had a look at his stats, and just once in his career has he started more than 17 league games. 

Its a big, big worry this. How can we build a strong relationship at CB under such circumstances. 

IMG_0517.jpeg

You want to bin bag a 24 year old who has missed a bit of footy with us over a couple of seaaons yet is still on track to average 30 a season in that period - even though his appearance stats for us are affected by fact he was not 1st choice for lumps of it.

Yet you rave about a player in his 30's who has a worse record for staying fit....

He has made 86 appearances so far in less than 3 season whilst not being 1st choice for long periods.

Your hero has 98 in 4 and was 1st choice throughout....

• Upvote 1

On 22/03/2024 at 16:49, VladimirIlyich said:

I assume it's some form of Japanese animation with fighting involved? Footballers really are still kids aren't they?

There is some great manga out there. People get sniffy because it’s animation, but a lot of it is aimed at an adult audience and can be excellent storytelling.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, an tha said:

Konate games missed through injury with us:

21/22: 0

22/23: 13

23/24: 6

That’s kind of the point, he’s not really injured, but his body is so weak, even at just 24, that he cant play games on a frequent basis.

It’s something I find really strange and especially in a position like CB it really should not be a problem to play almost every game. A CB run a lot less than fullbacks, midfielders and attackers during the games. 

Yet we gave to rest Konate regularly to protect him from breaking down.

Thats a big, big difference from players missing games because they are actually injured.

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0518.jpeg

10 hours ago, an tha said:

This is not the point though.

Konate has to be rested constantly so he does not get injured again, he cannot play 2 games in a season. His appearances in PL:

21/22: 11

22/23: 18

23/24: 20

15 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

This is not the point though.

Konate has to be rested constantly so he does not get injured again, he cannot play 2 games in a season. His appearances in PL:

21/22: 11

22/23: 18

23/24: 20

There isn't really any real long term evidence of that.

21/22 he was behind Matip - Matip played league he played europe and cup - he was available all season

22/23 he started off season injured - once he came in he played twice a week regularly.

23/24 he has played twice in a week a few times until this recent injury. We've rotated a bit more than maybe usual back there given being in uefa cup and lower quality opposition - Quansah has played all the european games.

Centre half is not really a position that gets subbed either so appearance stats don't get padded out with sub appearances.

Konate has fitness concerns, but I just don't think they are as proven as being made out - time will tell IMO.

• Upvote 1

Not played after being on the receiving end of a scissor tackle. Yeah, he's really let us down there...

Like that Brentford twat on Jota a really snide moment that everyone turned a blind eye to because it's just a Liverpool player that got hurt.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

There isn't really any real long term evidence of that.

21/22 he was behind Matip - Matip played league he played europe and cup - he was available all season

22/23 he started off season injured - once he came in he played twice a week regularly.

23/24 he has played twice in a week a few times until this recent injury. We've rotated a bit more than maybe usual back there given being in uefa cup and lower quality opposition - Quansah has played all the european games.

Centre half is not really a position that gets subbed either so appearance stats don't get padded out with sub appearances.

Konate has fitness concerns, but I just don't think they are as proven as being made out - time will tell IMO.

Not really interested in counter arguments mate but we need players who can play when called upon. We cannot carry those who cannot play 2 games in a week, playing for a club that plays 2 games in most weeks.

11 hours ago, an tha said:

it's not a question of which injuries he's picked up. it's a question the lad can't play twice a week, which pretty much makes him a 50% player for most of the season and that's before he gets injured.