You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Caoimhin Kelleher

Bjornebye

On 26/02/2024 at 00:29, Supremolad said:

Happy for the lad. He often suffers from far too much nit picking and microanalysis. Almost every goal that's scored past him is put under a magnifying glass by the "Alisson would have saved that" crowd.

Of course, Alisson is the best goalie in the world but it doesn't mean he saves every effort. Kelleher has proved over time that he is a keeper good enough for Liverpool's standards. Just because Alisson exceeds such standards shouldn't automatically lead people to feel Kelleher isn't good enough. 

Probably the same ‘Van Dijk is finished at this level’ or ‘Gomez is a complete liability’ heroes that crop up here whenever we concede a goal.

Been wildly exceeding expectations in the last 6 weeks.

Different pressure knowing Ali is not coming back soon, but everything about how he’s stepped up has been encouraging.

The Palmer save is proof enough that he’s studying every bit of Alisson’s craft.

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Been wildly exceeding expectations in the last 6 weeks.

Different pressure knowing Ali is not coming back soon, but everything about how he’s stepped up has been encouraging.

The Palmer save is proof enough that he’s studying every bit of Alisson’s craft.

If we do win more cups/league titles this year, Kelleher will have been a huge part of that, simmilar to how we was a massive part of us winning the Milk cup earlier. Defo exceeded our expectations massively this season. 

On 26/02/2024 at 12:28, Caramac said:

Outstanding yesterday. That block from Palmer has to be on par with Jerzy in the cl final.

It was a great save. But not as good as the one from Dudek. I still dont like watching that one, as every time I see it I’m sure Shevchenko is gonna score

2 minutes ago, aws said:

Just give him a fucking huge rise in wages and sign him up for the next five years. 

This. He will be our next number 1. Let Ali have the next two years - realistically he will get plenty of games anyway because Ali gets injured a lot.

We can't let this turn into 1991 again with stalwarts leaving the club. Equally we can't let top class young lads leave.

He's great with his feet but I think I heard that he played outfield until he was about fourteen and he was exceptionally gifted, but it was just by chance that he ended up in goal and loved being a keeper. He's a great presence about him and just like with Conor, I don't see them as weak links for Sunday. That's a credit to both of them.