You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Someone connected to the Trump campaign has reportedly said, 'we need an act of god to turn the math in our favour'. 

Let's hope God, or God Jr, doesn't have access to the red button.  

I'm assuming the Holy Spirit can't actually press a button, thankfully.

4 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Rick Santorum is an absolute fucking cunt. 

Absolute perfect example of someone who has no principles just says what his leaders want him to say. Now defending armed protestors outside polling stations because they are Trump supporters. 

I also can't stand David Axelrod, this part of CNN is hard to watch. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Twitter have disabled sharing on him saying this:

The best thing for America’s future is for

to go to total war over this election to expose all of the fraud, cheating, dead/no longer in state voters, that has been going on for far too long. It’s time to clean up this mess & stop looking like a banana republic!

They cunts are not even subtle with the links

Screenshot_20201105_232825.jpg

Screenshot_20201105_232838.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

There was a funny bit on fox

The headline litteraly read

"Without postal votes we would have won Nevada"

Yeah and if we didn't count the loss to city 2 years back we win the title

You have to admire Fox;

Just said something along the lines of;

In Pennsylvania, they counted ballots on the day, then they knew exactly how many votes they needed from the mail in ballots and surprise, they are now getting exactly getting this amount of votes. 

Conveniently ignoring the fact that the Democrats asked to count mail in votes early, but the Republicans would not allow them to count early.

Obviously it was a reverse, bluff, twist on the part of the Democrats.  

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Absolute perfect example of someone who has no principles just says what his leaders want him to say.

Yeah, it’s absolutely grim. This is a particular hate of mine. I reminds me of an old American senator, Arlen Specter, who switched from Dem to Rep back to Dem whilst maintaining her held the same views  the whole time but the parties changed and he just went with whichever matches the best. These new guys just aren’t like that. Trump supporters, Brexiteers, the more staunch Corbyn supporters, they’re all like it. It’s not how it should work. They’re not sports teams. 

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Cant find a link that works with add blocker but Trump's defence secretary reportedly has his resignation letter ready to go.

Apparently it is quite common;

Defense secretary prepares letter of resignation - report

Defense secretary Mark Esper has reportedly drafted a letter of resignation and is helping members of Congress draft legislation to remove the names of Confederate generals from military bases.

NBC News reports:

Esper has prepared a letter of resignation, according to three current defense officials.

It’s not uncommon for Cabinet secretaries to prepare undated letters of resignation during a presidential transition, giving the commander in chief the chance to replace them for a second term. The president decides whether to accept the resignation letters, and the process usually occurs after the election results are clear.
But defense officials say Esper prepared his letter because he is one of the Cabinet officials long expected to be pushed out after the election. As his tenure may be coming to an end, Esper is helping members of Congress draft legislation that will strip names of Confederate leaders from military bases in a move that could put him further at odds with President Donald Trump.

The president has repeatedly said he does not support changing the names of military bases, even as Esper and the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff have expressed openness to the idea.

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

CNN going to town in the build up to this talk

This might be hazardous to your democracy

Trumpland

Lies

They are all in

CNN, if they stopped all counting like he wants now Joe Biden is President

I’m watching CNN as well. Need to sleep, but don’t want to miss the potential meltdown.

1 minute ago, skaro said:

I reckon this Trump fraud piss and wind thing will peter out relatively quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was taken off into a corner pretty soon, given a slap and read the riot act - reasonably militaristically. 

I want him to refuse to honour the result and the army have to storm the White House like the end of Scarface.

Anything less and i’ll be fuming tbh.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yeah, it’s absolutely grim. This is a particular hate of mine. I reminds me of an old American senator, Arlen Specter, who switched from Dem to Rep back to Dem whilst maintaining her held the same views  the whole time but the parties changed and he just went with whichever matches the best. These new guys just aren’t like that. Trump supporters, Brexiteers, the more staunch Starmer supporters, they’re all like it. It’s not how it should work. They’re not sports teams. 

Agree 100%