You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Don’t talk smack about NATO, bro. It’s important. Just because some countries are bomb-y twats, it’s not an issue with NATO. 

I think it's basically a terrorist organisation where the US has a massive amount of influence. Look at the state of Libya for a start. I guess we'll disagree but there's no way I'm liking that mob.

5 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

I mean she has a point

2tsspnr2b5x51.jpg

Americans hate categorising foreigners too specifically, why learn the difference between Mexican and Colombian when you can just say anything south of USA is Latino. See also references like "are you from Africa", "I have this Asian friend" or "I'm taking my vacation in Europe" rather than saying specific countries

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think it's basically a terrorist organisation where the US has a massive amount of influence. Look at the state of Libya for a start. I guess we'll disagree but there's no way I'm liking that mob.

A terrorist organisation. Well... okay. I guess we will disagree! 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Hes set the precedent now though  there's going to be some mad outrageous arseholes with fame who could run and even win the Presidency from now on.

I've seen people say Ivanka Trump is gonna run for the next election. Arnie should be President. Not sure if he is eligible although he was California Governor. 

Or OJ. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've seen people say Ivanka Trump is gonna run for the next election. Arnie should be President. Not sure if he is eligible although he was California Governor. 

Or OJ. 

Thankfully he isn't. You need to be American Born, hence the racist birth certificate shit with Obama.

• Upvote 1

It's becoming clear to me that the stupid fucking electoral systems we have on both sides of the Atlantic bear a huge proportion of the blame for how divided we're all becoming. There's no overwhelming consensus at the moment and there hasn't been for at least a decade really, but such is the adversarial nature of first past the post that as soon as one side gets so much as 51% of the vote then they treat it as complete validation of their most extreme of policies and set about pleasing the voters that got them there at the cost of royally pissing off their opponents - who number in their millions. Like Brexit - 48% of the electorate actively voted against it but we have to stomach it in its purest and most damaging form because Leave 'won.' 52% (at most) get what they want, 48% (at least) get the absolute opposite of what they want.

If Biden wins today there's going to be near enough half of the US absolutely livid about it. If Trump does then probably over half of the US is going to be probably even more livid. But neither side will recognise this and seek to build a consensus or - more importantly - make any attempt at electoral reform to try and start breaking this down so we can build a system that works. They'll just carry on trying to appease their base ready for the next winner-takes-all election.

You can only run a country with half the population actively willing you to fail for so long.

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Hes set the precedent now though  there's going to be some mad outrageous arseholes with fame who could run and even win the Presidency from now on.

You'd have to go a long way to be as bad as him. Most famous people are liberal anyway (at least on the surface) he was a once in a lifetime cunt. Could deffo see an ultra right wing republican running next time but they'll be from the establishment I reckon, current governor/mayor and all round god-squadder.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

You'd have to go a long way to be as bad as him. Most famous people are liberal anyway (at least on the surface) he was a once in a lifetime cunt. Could deffo see an ultra right wing republican running next time but they'll be from the establishment I reckon, current governor/mayor and all round god-squadder.

And similarly to here with Johnson, it won't work unless they can pretend to be one of the lads.

This is such a funny election, though. Like the last one, they both absolutely stink, although Trump is obviously way stinkier. If Biden wins, he got absolutely crowned because of Trump's stupidity and if Trump wins, he got absolutely crowned because Biden is a decrepit Neo Liberal. I mean, it's so horrendous.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Corrupt as fuck!!!!! And the cunt has the nerve to tweet about fraud the fucking shit house 

That is always the game, make outrageous claims about your opponent, so yo can get away with the same yourself whilst they are defending themselves. 

Anyone calling Trump a cheat now will just be pulled up as only saying this because we predicted you would cheat. 

Anyone calling the Tories racists will just be pulled up as using "whataboutery" to deflect from Labour racists.

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Argh I see my mistake. 

Easy one to make. They are both bangable lizards. 

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

The main thing I have learnt from CNN the last few hours is that the USA is into prostate supplements and fried turkey sandwiches. 

I wish I lived in America.