You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Has to have another gig - no chance Wolves pulled the plug on that.

I agree he has something lined up but Wolves could have thought he’d taken them as far as he could & maybe haven’t overly tried to stand in his way. 

I’m going to throw this out there, Wolves next manager will be Portugese. 

He must have something lined up, seems strange to announce it now, with one game left.

From the BBC;

Wolves have announced that manager Nuno Espirito Santo will leave the club at the end of the season.

The Portuguese coach, 47, left Porto to take charge at Wolves in 2017.

The former goalkeeper led the club to the Championship title in his first season and then their best finishes in the Premier League - seventh in each of the last two seasons.

Wolves are 12th heading into the final game of the season at home to Manchester United on Sunday.

More to follow.

5 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

He must have something lined up, seems strange to announce it now, with one game left.

From the BBC;

Wolves have announced that manager Nuno Espirito Santo will leave the club at the end of the season.

The Portuguese coach, 47, left Porto to take charge at Wolves in 2017.

The former goalkeeper led the club to the Championship title in his first season and then their best finishes in the Premier League - seventh in each of the last two seasons.

Wolves are 12th heading into the final game of the season at home to Manchester United on Sunday.

More to follow.

Spurs maybe ?

46 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m going to throw this out there, Wolves next manager will be Portugese. 

It wouldn't surprise me if either Paulo Fonseca (recently at Roma) or Marco Silva (bumming around the PL a couple of years ago) were candidates. It also wouldn't surprise me if they got either Sergio Conceicao at Porto or Jorge Jesus at Benfica because they'll pay more.

The worst thing they could do is pick someone from the LMA merry-go-round of mediocrity.

I like the Fiver piece in the Guardian each day , and this skewers Neville and Kane in one article.

While he is renowned for the earliness with which he rises each morning before urging his Social Media Disgrace Twitter followers to “attack the day”, Gary Neville is currently packing so much activity into his life that The Fiver can’t help but wonder if he ever gets his head down on a pillow at all. A man with fingers in more pies than whoever is tasked with testing the pastry lids at Pukka, Neville performs multiple roles as a pundit, property magnate, hotelier, hands-on football club co-owner and general rabble-rouser trying to save the game from the kind of greedy self-interested billionaires he wants drummed out of the English game … unless they happen to own a stake in Salford City or the over-priced sports subscription service on which he regularly appears.

But as busy as he is, Neville remains unfulfilled and has decided to branch out into the lucrative chat industry. And hot on the heels of his intriguing and often moving interview with former boss Lord Ferg, he’s released a five-minute taster of his good walk spoiled with Tottenham striker Harry Kane, who was last spotted looking misty-eyed and wistful as he craned his neck towards the gods at White Hart Lane in what might well have been one last lingering look at the 10,000 unlucky supporters who had paid up to £60 a head for the privilege of booing him and his teammates off after their defeat by Aston Villa.

Released in conjunction with Neville’s new YouTube channel The Overlap, the interview with Kane features the Parky of the Snaptok generation striding down a fairway, golf clubs in hand, discussing Kane’s hopes, dreams and ambitions. “It’s a moment in my career where I have to kind of reflect and see where I’m at and have a good, honest conversation with the chairman,” cooed Kane, in a chat that was recorded before he made public his desire to leave Spurs. “I hope that we can have that conversation. I’m sure that he’ll want to set out the plan of where he sees it but ultimately it’s going to be down to me and how I feel and what’s going to be the best for me and my career at this moment in time.”

In an ideal world, it would ultimately be down to Kane and how he feels, etc and so on, if it wasn’t for the small matter of three years remaining on the contract he signed with Spurs. “I’m not sure how that conversation will go if I’m honest,” Kane explained, despite sporting the ruefully gloomy countenance of a man who knows exactly how it will go. The laughter with which he interrogator responded said it all.

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, Trumo said:

It wouldn't surprise me if either Paulo Fonseca (recently at Roma) or Marco Silva (bumming around the PL a couple of years ago) were candidates. It also wouldn't surprise me if they got either Sergio Conceicao at Porto or Jorge Jesus at Benfica because they'll pay more.

The worst thing they could do is pick someone from the LMA merry-go-round of mediocrity.

Allerdyce is Wolves supporter.

If only he had a Portuguese sounding name, Sæmjuəl Allerdycao or something. Then he could show everybody how easy it is.

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

He could do a very good job at Spurs. Quality manager and seems a very likeable fella. 

I get the likeable part, but where has he shown anything to suggest he's a quality manager?

I'm genuinely curious.

He's had access to some serious talent, has absolutely no pressure to deliver, and has produced what exactly?

I reckon he's well overrated, just like Tuchel and Pocchetino, but with much less to show than those two.

38 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Chelsea supporters complaining that water is wet.

They are, of course, right in what they say, but maybe they should remember this next time they are protesting outside their ground over the ESL. 

9D62DA35-15A3-4A75-ABB8-45EEE499AB6B.png

Whilst opposed to the ESL, this is where they truly failed, on the PR side. If they had just waited a few weeks and "launched" now it could have been sold differently. UEFA clearly don't care about fans, but we do (whilst obviously they do not).

The above letter really missed a trick and the last sentence should have been;

The UEFA executives making these decisions clearly spit in the face of all football lovers. 

No Doubt the saviours at BT will boycott the game because UEFA have upset the fans. 

Or maybe they will participate but I expect them to decry UEFA at every opportunity in the build up and during the game. 

18 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Whilst opposed to the ESL, this is where they truly failed, on the PR side. If they had just waited a few weeks and "launched" now it could have been sold differently. UEFA clearly don't care about fans, but we do (whilst obviously they do not).

The above letter really missed a trick and the last sentence should have been;

The UEFA executives making these decisions clearly spit in the face of all football lovers. 

No Doubt the saviours at BT will boycott the game because UEFA have upset the fans. 

Or maybe they will participate but I expect them to decry UEFA at every opportunity in the build up and during the game. 

I completely agree. 

Think about it. The UEFA “family” get 50% of final tickets and clubs get 25% each.

It’s always been a fucking joke. If 33% each, although shite, is understandable. But they are literally saying that sponsors & free loaders are actually more actual supporters at the very start. 

I remember after Athens, UEFA said they’d only hold the CL Final in grounds >=75k. That latest about 3 years.