You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, m0e said:

I get the likeable part, but where has he shown anything to suggest he's a quality manager?

I'm genuinely curious.

He's had access to some serious talent, has absolutely no pressure to deliver, and has produced what exactly?

I reckon he's well overrated, just like Tuchel and Pocchetino, but with much less to show than those two.

Think he’s done as well as can be expected with the squad that he has, especially against ‘bigger’ sides. Nice, solid football and utilised Traore really well too. I wouldn’t say he’s had as good a squad as the current top four, Spurs, Leicester and even Everton to work with either. 

No doubt the fact that he’s a good guy is adding a level of unconscious bias too though. 

I know they’ve had a decent level of investment, but Pochettino and Tuchel have had significantly better players at Spurs and Chelsea (and at PSG obviously) so I’m not sure that’s an entirely relevant  comparison. 

Agree completely that Pochettino is overrated and I hope that Tuchel is! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, m0e said:

I get the likeable part, but where has he shown anything to suggest he's a quality manager?

I'm genuinely curious.

He's had access to some serious talent, has absolutely no pressure to deliver, and has produced what exactly?

He took them up and then into Europe twice in three years - it's Wolves FFS. 

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He took them up and then into Europe twice in three years - it's Wolves FFS. 

Well, when you put it like that..  

It's not 'good, old Wolves' though is it?

It's the Portugal B team!

Dyche has done a much better job with Burnley, for example.

Anyway, I'm going to stop caring about Wolves for now.

Big tings this weekend, innit.

• Upvote 1

What channel is La Liga on these days

Same with Serie A

Am i fuck paying them cheeky bastards at 11 Sports £10 a month for the odd weekend i'd watch. 

Massive game in Serie A with Atalanta hosting AC Milan

I think Atalanta have secured top 4 as isn't Italy on Head 2 Head rather than GD? if so they hold that over Juve. 

Hopefully Atletico,Napoli,Milan and Lille all get over the line this weekend. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Can't see anything other Milan getting absolutely battered by Atalanta. Hope not, like.

Think the Spanish games are on La Liga TV now. It's about a fiver a month.

Always the chance in Italy though that as Atalanta are already in they just roll over to fuck Juve. The other week it was looking like a draw would suite both and you could put good money on a 0-0.

Brentford are a step closer to making it to the Premier League after beating Bournemouth in their play-off semi-final. Their play-off record is poor, though, having lost 4 finals before, most recently last year. Swansea are at home to Barnsley later, a goal up from the first leg.

The Bees finished on 87 pts, ahead of 4th placed Swansea on 80. It would be nice to have a new club in the Premier League as opposed to the reappearance of another of the many yoyo clubs.

Historically, they spent 5 years in the old First Division, reaching as high as 5th in 1935/6, before eventually being relegated to the 4th Division by 1962.

Lewandowski scored his 41st Bundesliga goal of the season to break Gerd Muller's record of 40 from 1972.

Werder Bremen are relegated along with Schalke. Hamburg went down recently, Kaiserslautern have been in the 3rd tier, Koln are a yo-yo club, and both Gladbach and Dortmund are too inconsistent to pose a title threat to Bayern's dominance. The only way Bayern can fail to win it again is if the players decide they've had enough and can't be arsed any more, and/or if their is infighting amongst the players, coaching staff and the board. The other big guns in Germany are miles off the pace.