You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Gomez

Oh Buoy

Really good on the 'we are liverpool' podcast. Made a big point of that no dickheads will last in the dressing room. The players won't have it. Definitely something that needs to carry on post Klopp. 

If de Zerbi gets the job, I'd really like him to bring Milner back as a coach. He'd definitely help with the dressing room and keeping the standards up

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Really good on the 'we are liverpool' podcast. Made a big point of that no dickheads will last in the dressing room. The players won't have it. Definitely something that needs to carry on post Klopp. 

If de Zerbi gets the job, I'd really like him to bring Milner back as a coach. He'd definitely help with the dressing room and keeping the standards up

Milner has another season left at Brighton doesn't he? And he's still 20 games light on that premier league appearances record. He wouldn't get a minute for us and I don't think we'd pay a fee. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Three positions in one match.  If Prince was still around he'd be writing smutty songs about Joe.

Not his best game but what a valuable player of the teams he's become.

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's filling that "stick him anywhere" job we used to get out of Milner. He looked fucking exhausted today though. As one or two more did (Bradley and Elliot especially I thought). 

He’s the perfect squad player. Has shown this week that he can definately do a job at DM as well. He’s mobile, pretty strong in the 50/50s and quite good on the ball in tight spaces. Doesnt give it away easily, which is vital in that position. He’ll never be a Pirlo of course, especially his long range passing is quite weak, but all in all surprised how good he has looked in there.

9 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

He’s the perfect squad player. Has shown this week that he can definately do a job at DM as well. He’s mobile, pretty strong in the 50/50s and quite good on the ball in tight spaces. Doesnt give it away easily, which is vital in that position. He’ll never be a Pirlo of course, especially his long range passing is quite weak, but all in all surprised how good he has looked in there.

Joe's beard is certainly up to the job, but it will never reach Pirlo's level of magnificence.

He did look tired yesterday, but I'm full of admiration for him, and the trust that Klopp puts in him.  I do think he's made to play the LB role similar to that we've been seeing on the right for a few years, and he's a great asset to have defending set pieces.