You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sevilla (N) Friendly, 21/7/19

Bjornebye

Fucking disgrace, we've dropped six points already so far. Oh, hang on these are pre-season training sessions? 

Every year I have to say that many years ago this result would have been hidden away on the inside back page as one line in the echo. It is meaningless, utterly meaningless. But every year bet wetters end up with soaked sheets. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I’ve said it before, Spanish football is full of bad twats. Unfortunately the crowd encourage such behaviour. I went to the Barcelona derby a couple of years back... they screamed louder asking for the whistle than they did cheering for a goal. 

I'd imagine you're basing this on an enormous sample size, no?

"I once went to Millwall v West Ham, and do you know what not everyone was very nice"

You went to one of the most politically charged derbies in Spain. The idea that this, or in fact a friendly against Sevilla, is representative of Spanish football, is fucking ridiculous. 

Would you want all people in Spain to think that every single English football fan is a hooligan? Why wouldn't they think that, in Sevilla especially. They've had United, Leicester and England fans in the last few years attacking people in the streets, intimidating women and children, smashing up shops, and desecrating the cathedral. They should probably despise all English football fans I suppose.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely shocking tactics by Sevilla. They should have had two off in that pre season 'game.'

They clearly had a game plan to make a name for themselves as having beaten the current European Champions and were going to kick their way to it, no matter what.

Other than that, I see loads of twitterati divvies are up in arms that we have lost a 2nd pre season friendly. Maybe they forgot the shite won one pre season game 22-0 last year and look where that got them.

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Absolutely shocking tactics by Sevilla. They should have had two off in that pre season 'game.'

They clearly had a game plan to make a name for themselves as having beaten the current European Champions and were going to kick their way to it, no matter what.

Other than that, I see loads of twitterati divvies are up in arms that we have lost a 2nd pre season friendly. Maybe they forgot the shite won one pre season game 22-0 last year and look where that got them.

Maybe we need to get used to that though. We're there to be knocked down, litterally in this case. I don't expect it to get easier when the real games come. 

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Maybe we need to get used to that though. We're there to be knocked down, litterally in this case. I don't expect it to get easier when the real games come. 

Quite possibly. But you dont expect shit house tactics and being kicked off the park in pre season. You kind of expect fellow pros to realise pre season is all about fitness etc.

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

How do you get used to that? I don’t want our players to start exaggerating contact all the time, nor do I want them to start acting like thugs. We just need the ref to do their job properly.

25 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

How do you get used to that? I don’t want our players to start exaggerating contact all the time, nor do I want them to start acting like thugs. We just need the ref to do their job properly.

We'll just get a fuck load of pennos instead. Penaltypool back on the menu, lads. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Quite possibly. But you dont expect shit house tactics and being kicked off the park in pre season. You kind of expect fellow pros to realise pre season is all about fitness etc.

Agreed you don't expect it on preseason, but there's no doubt once your champions of Europe you become a scalp. 

41 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Do you think ref's are capable of that? I think that's pretty doubtful - and it's harder for refs in pre season, it's in everyone's interests to keep these games as 11 v 11. I don't think it will get better when the season starts though. 

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

I'd imagine you're basing this on an enormous sample size, no?

"I once went to Millwall v West Ham, and do you know what not everyone was very nice"

You went to one of the most politically charged derbies in Spain. The idea that this, or in fact a friendly against Sevilla, is representative of Spanish football, is fucking ridiculous. 

Would you want all people in Spain to think that every single English football fan is a hooligan? Why wouldn't they think that, in Sevilla especially. They've had United, Leicester and England fans in the last few years attacking people in the streets, intimidating women and children, smashing up shops, and desecrating the cathedral. They should probably despise all English football fans I suppose.

Guess who lives in seville

46 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Agreed you don't expect it on preseason, but there's no doubt once your champions of Europe you become a scalp. 

Real Madrid players weren't getting scythed down in the International Champions Cup for the past 3 years. This was bizarre, specific behaviour from Sevilla.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Aren't Betis 'the people's club' and Sevilla the millionaire cunts there?

It's not quite that simple, but yes to some extent. Betis fans tends to be from more working class areas like Triana and Macarana. Sevilla fans more from the richer areas near the centre, and in fact just tend to pretend to like football. 

Games at Betis' ground are ace. Whilst it can be pretty quiet at Sevilla's ground.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I’ve said it before, Spanish football is full of bad twats. Unfortunately the crowd encourage such behaviour. I went to the Barcelona derby a couple of years back... they screamed louder asking for the whistle than they did cheering for a goal. 

I hate Barca fans. I went to the Nou camp years ago and they were all screaming blue murder at a struggling young player and then politely clap when they scored, like it was to be expected, then Rivaldo comes on and they all got their white hankies out, the bad meffs.

made it harder to take when we lost 3-0 this year.

i enjoyed the return leg.

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Do you think ref's are capable of that? I think that's pretty doubtful - and it's harder for refs in pre season, it's in everyone's interests to keep these games as 11 v 11. I don't think it will get better when the season starts though. 

Bollocks. I'd rather see someone leave on a red card than a stretcher. Foul play is foul play and should be called out.

I've had enough of this bullshit "sporting" gesture of kicking the ball out when an opposing player is "injured". Foreign teams use this is an excuse to get violent when the opponents refuse to kick the ball out, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen these morons kicking opponents who are simply playing to the whistle. Players fall down and claim to being injured just to stop the other teams rhythm. This is known, it's partly why referees allow teams to carry on playing despite some cunt lying down pretending to be hurt. Fuck these cheats, and fuck Sevilla, the dirty, cheating cunts. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Real Madrid players weren't getting scythed down in the International Champions Cup for the past 3 years. This was bizarre, specific behaviour from Sevilla.

I don't watch our friendlies too closely, let alone real Madrid's, so I will need to bow to your knowledge on that. However, I have been watching football for way too many years though to know you're a target when you rise to the top. I don't think it will just be pre-season, I think plenty of sides will want our scalp more than normal and will try by any means. I have no expectation refs will handle that well.