You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'd have more respect for Lineker if today he'd have tweeted this....

20230313_122235.jpg

He's far too busy spending that £5m that the Tories were definitely going to use to build 416 hospitals.

In fact, I doubt he'll even spend it. He's probably just gathered together the refugees he's let stay in his house, and forced them to watch him burn it.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

My sister has just messaged me a copy of a Facebook post from one of our uncles slagging Lineker off.

Glad I'm not friends with the cunt on FB. We always suspected he was a right wing tory and now its confirmed.

You can choose your friends....

My old uncle Oswald was the same.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

'Endorsed' domestic violence is a bit of a stretch, it was a stupid thing to say though. 

Yeah that's bollocks, she couldn't wait to shoot the statement down though. She flaps like fuck whenever any tory or right wing fucker gets any sort of criticism on there. I can just imagine Priti Patel stood in a dark corner with a big fuck off rottweiler ready to rip Bruce to shreds if she doesn't toe the line. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

'Endorsed' domestic violence is a bit of a stretch, it was a stupid thing to say though. 

Nazar Afzal tweeted earlier that women will have been on the end of domestic abuse nearly 30 times before they report their partner. Fiona Bruce saying it was only once when Johnson's mum herself said it was a constant during the marriage is absolutely mental. Stepping back is the least she should be doing.

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Nazar Afzal tweeted earlier that women will have been on the end of domestic abuse nearly 30 times before they report their partner. Fiona Bruce saying it was only once when Johnson's mum herself said it was a constant during the marriage is absolutely mental. Stepping back is the least she should be doing.

She was reiterating what the 'friends' had said wasn't she? How she said it didn't make that clear enough, but I think she wanted to get back to the point being made.

Anyway, refuge statement here: 

https://refuge.org.uk/news/statement-fiona-bruce-ambassador-question-time-13-march/

Would be good if there was a statement from Bruce saying once is more than enough and signposting support services.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I haven't watched question time for years, it's unwatchable now anyway. It needs to be rebranded or fucked off. 

A Question of Cunt

Mock the Meek

I Would Lie To You

10 out of 10 Tories Twats

Have I got Bullshit For You

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Either way, the whole family needs fucking off back to New York or Greece or wherever they came from.

The Vorrh 

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

Some utter bollocks being spouted in this thread.

Fucking laughable.

Sorry mate. 

22 minutes ago, Pidge said:

She was reiterating what the 'friends' had said wasn't she? How she said it didn't make that clear enough, but I think she wanted to get back to the point being made.

Anyway, refuge statement here: 

https://refuge.org.uk/news/statement-fiona-bruce-ambassador-question-time-13-march/

Would be good if there was a statement from Bruce saying once is more than enough and signposting support services.

Was reading some article and I think she told Boris's author, so the claims might well be in his biography. But she said she was abused many times over a number of years. I just think a disclaimer for domestic abuse was tone-deaf and for an ambassador of Refuge to say it is mad. She's experienced enough to tell the production team such but didn't.

• Upvote 1

I think that Lineker is part of the problem which creates right wing bigotry and nonsense.

The range of social services and health services in this country that are overstretched is horrendous. This is due to underfunding and directly related to massive tax avoidance in this country by large corporations and wealthy individuals.

However, the impact of this on services is often portrayed by bigots and racists as a product of too many "bloody foreigners", asylum seekers etc.

So the behaviour of Lineker and his ilk allow this bigotry and hatred to grow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1