You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

5 minutes ago, No7 said:

That's not the point though, the final sentence she added done nothing to correct the balance or protect the BBC. It wasn't needed, it was all done purely to benefit Stanley Johnson's character.  Again the context here is a MBE or whatever is being offered to a man that battered his wife. There isn't a cut off of 3 beatings, 2 murders or 1 rape. Some crimes are zero tolerance in relation to be respected by the wider community. 

Exactly. A man could have sex with 100's of woman but has sex with one dog and forevermore is known a dog shagger.

7 minutes ago, No7 said:

That's not the point though, the final sentence she added done nothing to correct the balance or protect the BBC. It wasn't needed, it was all done purely to benefit Stanley Johnson's character.  Again the context here is a MBE or whatever is being offered to a man that battered his wife. There isn't a cut off of 3 beatings, 2 murders or 1 rape. Some crimes are zero tolerance in relation to be respected by the wider community. 

That is the exact point I am making though & has nothing to do with that cunt Johnson or his Dad or even what Fiona Bruce had said.

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

And the sexual assault against Caroline Noakes? 

This article is vile and sums them up, victim blaming

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/21/sex-life-scoured-by-media-after-stanley-johnson-allegations-mp-claims

In the past my mam and missus have both commented that he seems like a nice man having seen him on Gogglebox. The overwhelming evidence would suggest he's a prick, that's what makes Bruce going to bat for him even more disgusting. People not that clued in would have seen him described as a prick and immediately have Bruce challenge that and then throw her weight behind him. Fuck the Tory cunt, I hope this finishes her.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I think he’s strengthened it. The BBC are very publicly acknowledging he is a freelancer which is the very essence of his tax claim. Pure coincidence of course that this row blew up just as he went to court but that’s probably £5m to him, £5m less for public services. Well played. 

Spoken like a true Tory. Ignore the real issue.

32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Spoken like a true Tory. Ignore the real issue.

Haha, I like the rationale there. Like the Director General called up the head of the NHS demanding £5m from the hospital budget because otherwise Lineker would leave!

6 hours ago, redheart said:

I think that Lineker is part of the problem which creates right wing bigotry and nonsense.

The range of social services and health services in this country that are overstretched is horrendous. This is due to underfunding and directly related to massive tax avoidance in this country by large corporations and wealthy individuals.

However, the impact of this on services is often portrayed by bigots and racists as a product of too many "bloody foreigners", asylum seekers etc.

So the behaviour of Lineker and his ilk allow this bigotry and hatred to grow.

im-sorry-what-roscoe-conklin.gif

• Upvote 1

I'm sure it's been noted on here before, but I've only just found it that the hate rag the JC was saved from going under by a consortium bid led by...the BBC's very own Robbie Gibb.

Had to laugh at the first paragraph:

The Jewish Chronicle Trust Ltd is charged with “maintaining and enhancing the standards and integrity of the ‘Jewish Chronicle’ newspaper”, and its editorial independence.

The fix is in.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/new-jc-owner-as-jc-trust-approves-sale-to-consortium-1.499153?reloadTime=1677456000011

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I'm sure it's been noted on here before, but I've only just found it that the hate rag the JC was saved from going under by a consortium bid led by...the BBC's very own Robbie Gibb.

Had to laugh at the first paragraph:

The Jewish Chronicle Trust Ltd is charged with “maintaining and enhancing the standards and integrity of the ‘Jewish Chronicle’ newspaper”, and its editorial independence.

The fix is in.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/new-jc-owner-as-jc-trust-approves-sale-to-consortium-1.499153?reloadTime=1677456000011

Yep the same Robbie Gibb who sorted a loan out for Johnson and who Johnson got made head of the BBC...

But yeah it wasn't a scam.... 

Corrupt as fuck 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep the same Robbie Gibb who sorted a loan out for Johnson and who Johnson got made head of the BBC...

But yeah it wasn't a scam.... 

Corrupt as fuck 

I think it was Richard Sharpe who sorted out Johnsons loan. Gibb is his deputy, the one who Emily Matias called a bbc tory spy, or words to that effect. Easy mistake to make, the top of the beeb is rotten through.

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think it was Richard Sharpe who sorted out Johnsons loan. Gibb is his deputy, the one who Emily Matias called a bbc tory spy, or words to that effect. Easy mistake to make, the top of the beeb is rotten through.

Aah yes ok fair enough. Still, corrupt as fuck.