You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southgate deserves to stay on and the England team deserve credit. They got to the semi final , might come 3rd. 1st half they were class and players like McGuire, Henderson , Maybe Lingarrd come away looking like top class players. I've enjoyed their journey and I find it hard to dislike the team.

And by "maybe" you mean "but absolutely not"?

Lindgard is fucking garbage. He needs to be kicked to the kerb by England and guaranteed a starting place for United.

This was more about grit and determination not to get beaten from Croatia than anything else, after they were unexpectedly given a lifeline with the controversial equalizer and surviving the terrible first half trailing only by a goal. England should have finished them off to win, Croatia were never going to give up after coming this far as long there was a chance. It was the last chance for most of the key players and they were always willing to dig deep.

The best thing about this world cup is that we only had two players who played any serious minutes and they're both in positions we have good cover for.

Imagine if Egypt and Senegal had got to the quarters, we'd be fucked.

Who's the other one?

I'm probably gonna feel stupid when I realise.

It's a nationalist song.

And you're right, the singing of it is based on a people fighting for their independence from a totalitarian regime in the early 90s... not the early 40s.

Kids like Lovren - whose family fled Croatia as refugees in the 90s - are, I doubt, celebrating old fascist ties.

There are some bad cunts in Croatia - but I'd say a bunch of 20 and 30-something footballers earning their keep in Madrid, Liverpool, Milan etc and playing for their country probably aren't the bad cunts in question.

But perhaps I'm wrong. Who knows what's in someone's heart.

Hang on, so as a Croat, you know what you’re talking about and it turns out they’re not Nazis?

Maybe you should take Dockers advice instead and do some research, son.

• Upvote 2

Hahaha. Someone talking about moral high ground while ignoring one team allegedly been singing nazi songs. Perhaps the arse wipe would like to do some research on the balkans. Probably not eh. Cue his qim giff of him sticking his fingers up his arse.

I'm torn here.

I would neg the "someone" because it makes you sound like an overwrought middle-aged woman on Facebook; but I should rep the calling out of Turdy's overused arse-flapping gif. No need, CT.

I'm torn here.

I would neg the "someone" because it makes you sound like an overwrought middle-aged woman on Facebook; but I should rep the calling out of Turdy's overused arse-flapping gif. No need, CT.

If he stops talking absolute shite, I’ll stop posting the gif.

Can’t say fairer than that. I’m more than happy to compromise.

Allegedly, yeah. Show me the part of the song they sung with Nazi lyrics then, gimpo. I’ll wait patiently for you to completely ignore my request for clarity as usual. Also, talk to me about the research you’ve done on the Balkans and the song in question.

I’m made up that your boys lost. Now we can move on to the football that actually means something to the majority of people on here.

Haha. Gimpo. How old are you again. 15 is it. OK.

This was more about grit and determination not to get beaten from Croatia than anything else, after they were unexpectedly given a lifeline with the controversial equalizer and surviving the terrible first half trailing only by a goal. England should have finished them off to win, Croatia were never going to give up after coming this far as long there was a chance. It was the last chance for most of the key players and they were always willing to dig deep.

Think it was more about the difference in quality (team and players) myself. England had no plan apart from knock it back to Pickford to kick long, and hope for set pieces. In fact I'm not sure I've seen a game plan from England in the whole tournament. Croatia had Modric who has been fantastic- England players couldn't get it off him- as well as Rakitic, Perisic others all better than England players. Even Mandzukic played really well despite being about 50 years old- made Kane look like a callow youth.

I like Southgate, and a semifinal is not to be sniffed at, even with having the easiest path imaginable, but without any coherent pattern of play I doubt if they will do as well next time.