You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Mohamed Bouhafsi, who is probably the most reliable journalist for info on the transfers of French players and Ligue Un, has pretty much said that Klopp is "crazy" about Ousmane Dembele and is looking at a loan with option to buy. Also says that the Fekir interest is real. 

I support James Pearce FC.

Not some fucking random journo I've never fucking heard of.

He can be the most reliable journo for Kasachstan Premier league players for all I care.

I have no idea how many players we will sign this summer, apart from Keita, best guess is 3 maximum, depending on their price.

If we only signed one, then the priority should be a forward who is top drawer and can cover the front 3. That is imperative.

If we can actually get decent money for the dregs and the lame, the next priority should be a number 6 and after that, someone who is equally adept at covering both full back positions and is good enough to start in either, as when Robertson is rested, we have a massive fucking mong covering him who is devoid of any footballing brain and ability.

After that, this is ideal world territory, we keep one of Matip and Lovren, preferably Lovren as I think Matip is very average, flog the other and try and upgrade the CH position.

I'd much rather do that than spend 60m on a Keeper, especially if it's not that much of an upgrade.

This coming transfer will be all about margins. On the face of it, we should have a fair wedge to spend, but once you factor in pay offs, wages, agents fees etc, that will dwindle quickly.

First and foremost we need to plug gaping holes in the squad and first team and strengthening the forward line is priority number one. No matter how much it costs. After that, we weigh up what we can afford and where the money is best spent.

• Upvote 1

More to the point, no one else knows.

Just people guessing and believing every fucking rumour that appears on Twitter.

Lets just wait and see.

The Liverpool journos don't know shit anymore until the last second. There's a much greater chance that someone reliable from France knows we are in for a Frenchman, then Jimmy Pearce being told about it by the club.

Plus, people post bullshit from the Mirror, Daily Mail and Star on here all the time. Bouhafsi is actually known to be reliable and the biggest stations in France are all corroborating what he's saying. It's not just some twitter rumour. 

What will be coming in I don't know, we all know the shite we want rid of. Got to the number one club final with this squad. A keeper, centre half, midfielder+ Keita, winger and striker would be nice.

I'd settle for a centre half, midfielder and a forward to cover the three across the front.

Wilson and Brewster cannot be worse than Ings and Solanke.

Ditch the shite Jurgen.

I have a feeling Gomez will be given chances at CB this season and we will be looking at a right back. He holds us back when we are on the front foot and his crosses are not great. My suggestion would be Inigo Lekue from Bibao.

A Coutinho replacement (Fekir?) and a Henderson replacement (Neves?) plus cover for the front 3 (Sessegnon/ Dembele/  Pulisic). I do not think we will spend big on a first choice keeper and we will look at Karius for 1 more season. We will need a backup though but am not sure Ward will like being second choice here.

Let go of Lallana, Sturridge, Markovic (finally), Mignolet, Kent and few more youngsters and loan out Wilson and Ojo again. Though I like Wilson, I do not think he will have enough chances here next season.

I have no idea how many players we will sign this summer, apart from Keita, best guess is 3 maximum, depending on their price.

If we only signed one, then the priority should be a forward who is top drawer and can cover the front 3. That is imperative.

If we can actually get decent money for the dregs and the lame, the next priority should be a number 6 and after that, someone who is equally adept at covering both full back positions and is good enough to start in either, as when Robertson is rested, we have a massive fucking mong covering him who is devoid of any footballing brain and ability.

After that, this is ideal world territory, we keep one of Matip and Lovren, preferably Lovren as I think Matip is very average, flog the other and try and upgrade the CH position.

I'd much rather do that than spend 60m on a Keeper, especially if it's not that much of an upgrade.

This coming transfer will be all about margins. On the face of it, we should have a fair wedge to spend, but once you factor in pay offs, wages, agents fees etc, that will dwindle quickly.

First and foremost we need to plug gaping holes in the squad and first team and strengthening the forward line is priority number one. No matter how much it costs. After that, we weigh up what we can afford and where the money is best spent.

Totally agree with all of that.

Every big journalist in France and people who have connections with North-African French players like Nabil Djelit are saying that there is a verbal commitment between Klopp and Fekir. I think it's a done deal and will be confirmed before the World Cup unless we catastrophically don't qualify for the Champions League. 

Every big journalist in France and people who have connections with North-African French players like Nabil Djelit are saying that there is a verbal commitment between Klopp and Fekir. I think it's a done deal and will be confirmed before the World Cup unless we catastrophically don't qualify for the Champions League.

They probably ran into each other in Blackpool.

I support James Pearce FC.

Not some fucking random journo I've never fucking heard of.

He can be the most reliable journo for Kasachstan Premier league players for all I care.

Pearce often instantly comes out denying all reports of link to players and how the club are mystified by them.

Yesterday he was talking up Fekir in the Echo.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/meet-nabil-fekir-playmaker-adored-14626386.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Other twitter reports say that Klopp and Fekir have met, that Chelsea put in a late bid but failed and that a deal with LFC is not done, but close.

Lyon wanted 70m euros and we are apparently willing to stump that up, perhaps why the two were allowed to meet.

Apparently the English summer window opens on 17 May but presumably that only applies to transfers between English clubs and the European window not opening until 1 July. Anyone confirm.

From Wiki which only mentions ‘around 17th May’

“Premier League clubs in England voted to end the summer window on the Thursday before the start of the season - on August 9 in 2018, instead of August 31. Because FIFA demands the window must be open for 12 weeks, the window will open around May 17, shortly after the final games of the season on May 13. Clubs will be able to sell players until August 31 but not buy replacements after the deadline of August 9.”

Also seen this which adamantly claims the 17th May quoted by Manchester Evening New is wrong.

“Domestic transfers can happen from midnight this coming Sunday/Monday. Incoming international transfers between 9 June and 9 August (for Premier League).”

Perhaps the 17th May might have left them short by a half week of the 12 week period so they shifted it forward by 4 days to the earliest possible date (the last day of the season).